Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah &Vita Coco
Chip Off The Old Block Baked Egg Shakshuka By Selasi Gbormittah. Hello friends, so how are you today?
Do you also fancy trying this tasty recipe for breakfast? Also great for brunch too.
This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
How To Make A Chip Off The Old Block Baked Egg Shakshuka:
3 tbsp. Vita Coco Coconut Oil
1 large potato, peeled and cut shaped into a rectangle
One red onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
8g stem ginger, grated
1 tbsp. tomato puree
400g can cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
100ml red wine
Pinch of salt
Pinch pink peppercorns
50 g bresaola, sliced
¼ tsp paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes
3 large eggs
Handful of basil
How To Make:
1. Firstly, place the shaped potato in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 20 minutes until just soft.
2. In a 28cm skillet pan, add 2 tbsp. of Vita Coco Coconut Oil and begin to fry the onion, pepper, garlic and ginger. Fry until just tender. Stir in the tomato puree and continue to fry on low heat.
3. Add the tomatoes, sugar, wine and season with peppercorns, salt, chilli and paprika. Stir and allow to cook for 15minutes on slow heat.
4. Add the bresaola and basil, stirring again at this point.
5. Whilst this is cooking, strain the liquid from the potatoes and rub on the remaining oil. Sprinkle with some salt and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees (fan assisted).
Make sure you turn the potatoes every 5 minutes.
6. Break the eggs gently into the sauce without stirring, making sure they’re wide apart.
7. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake with the potatoes for the last 10 minutes.
Last but not least, enjoy.
Perfect for brunch! Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah And Vita Coco.
So what do you think of this Chip Off The Old Block Baked Egg Shakshuka recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Because I know I do.
You Might Also Like These Recipes By Selasi Gbormittah:
Firstly, ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake: What is Not Too Love About This? How about Valentines Day treat? ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake. So yummy.
Secondly, Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie: How tasty does this look? Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie. So tasty.
Last but not least, Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime: This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Looks so tasty and different to what I’ve ever eaten before. Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime. So much fun to make.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you like todays post?