Cream Cheese Fritters, English Summer Maple Cherries.
Cream cheese fritters, English summer maple cherries. It’s officially summer – the season to enjoy fresh summer fruit, al fresco dining and BBQs in the garden.
Today I have a guest post : pure maple syrup from Quebec.
With English cherries at the height of their season this month, we’ve created a recipe to showcase them in all their glory.
Cream Cheese Fritters, English Summer Maple Cherries:
Our cream cheese fritters with English summer cherries and pure maple syrup from Quebec make a lovely breakfast, brunch or dessert.
The delicate creaminess of the cheese offsets the rich sweetness of the cherries and maple syrup to create a light yet indulgent summer treat.
For The Cream Cheese Fritters:
200g cream cheese
250g cottage cheese, well drained
2 large eggs
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
40g maple sugar
40g chopped raisins
Grated lemon zest
75g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
For The Cherries And Maple Syrup:
175ml pure maple syrup from Quebec
200g fresh cherries
1 lemon, squeezed for juice
Cream Cheese Fritters, English Summer Maple Cherries Method:
1.) Place cream cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in raisins and lemon zest.
2.) Sieve flour and combine. Cover and refrigerate for four hours, or overnight.
3.) Roll into balls with excess flour, flatten into disks. Place on baking tray with greaseproof paper.
4.) Melt butter and oil in frying pan and cook fritters for 2 minutes each side until golden brown. Keep warm in low oven.
5.) Heat maple syrup, lemon juice, cherries and 1 tbsp of water in a pan until cherries become soft. Serve the fritters warm with cherries.
Any fresh of preserved fruit can be used. All seasonal fruits can be used e.g. poached pears and pineapple would be a good alternative.
Cream Cheese Fritters, English Summer Maple Cherries. About this post: This is a guest post : pure maple syrup from Quebec. No Payment was received.
You Might Like:
19 Pancake Recipes To Try Out On Shrove Tuesday:
Hello friends. Happy Thursday. Just over two weeks until pancake day. Pancake Day.
Will you be making pancakes? Some for breakfast, some after school and most probably some for supper, here I bet. How about you? 19 Pancake Recipes To Try Out On Shrove Tuesday.
How To Make The Ultimate Pancakes On Pancake Day:
How to Make the Ultimate Pancakes. By Head Chef Steve Smith from Michelin Starred Bohemia. How To Make The Ultimate Pancakes On Pancake Day.
- Polka Dot Suit On The Bears Of Sheffield
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post