Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake And How To Make Some. Hello friends. So do you fancy making some Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake?
A perfect side to any Sunday dinner or my favourite meal of the year, Christmas dinner? We love stuffing on our dinner and so today I am sharing this recipe with you.
This stuffing is full of celery stalks, apples, onion, breadcrumbs, dried apricots, dried cranberries, walnuts, chestnuts or pecans, mixed herbs & seasonings so can imagine how yummy it tastes!?
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake Ingredients.
- Secondly, Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake And How To Make Some:
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Product: Pyrex Asimetria rectangular roaster 35×27 cm
Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake:
- 80g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 500g breadcrumbs
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 100g walnuts, chestnuts or pecans, chopped
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and butter the bottom and sides of the Pyrex Asimetria Rectangular Roaster.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the celery, apples and onion for five minutes until soft.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Combine the cooled mixture with the breadcrumbs, apricots, cranberries and nuts until moist. Stir in more stock if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to the Pyrex Roaster and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake:
Updated post. First published here 17th December 2016. Recipe c/o Pyrex. So what do you think about this recipe? Do you like side’s on your Sunday dinner? Because we do!
What kind of sides do you also like for Christmas dinner?
Do you fancy making some of this fruit and nut stuffing? Of course, let me know your thoughts if you get to make some.
You Might Also Like:
12 Christmas Dinner And Sides Ideas To Try Out:
12 Christmas Dinner And Sides Ideas To Try Out. Firstly, today on the blog I am sharing lots of yummy Christmas dinner sides recipes idea with you. We love Christmas dinner and especially all the sides that go with it. I also love a nice glass of white wine to wash it all down, too!! Of course, it is a good job we lock ourselves away for the day and do not have anywhere to go. 12 Christmas Dinner And Sides Ideas To Try Out.
10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone This Christmas. Secondly, We love to make sweet little homemade gifts. We used to love making our elderly neighbour a plate full of treats, for Christmas at our old houses. 10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone This Christmas.
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below. Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook