Fancy making some Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake? A perfect side to any Sunday dinner or my favourite meal of the year, Christmas dinner? We love stuffing on our dinner and today I am sharing this recipe with you. This stuffing is full of celery stalks, apples, onion, breadcrumbs, dried apricots,
dried cranberries, walnuts, chestnuts or pecans, mixed herbs & seasonings so can imagine how yummy it tastes!?
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Product: Pyrex Asimetria rectangular roaster 35×27 cm
Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake:Ingredients:
- 80g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tbsp dried sage
- Salt and black pepper
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 500g breadcrumbs
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 100g walnuts, chestnuts or pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and butter the bottom and sides of the Pyrex Asimetria Rectangular Roaster.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the celery, apples and onion for five minutes until soft.
3. Stir in the parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
4. Pour in the vegetable stock, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
5. Combine the cooled mixture with the breadcrumbs, apricots, cranberries and nuts until moist. Stir in more stock if needed.
6. Transfer the mixture to the Pyrex Roaster and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
Recipe c/o Pyrex.
Do you like side’s on your Sunday dinner?
What kind of sides do you like?
Fancy making some of this fruit and nut stuffing?
Let me know your thoughts if you get to make some.