How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins.
Happy Sunday. What a miserable rainy morning? Even Mollie the Collie is not bothered about walkies today!
Staying in? How about baking some of these delicious Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins?
These savoury muffins make a tasty home-from-school snack. Or why not pop one into a packed lunch?
How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
125g butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 large eggs, beaten
200g British organic carrots, peeled and grated
100g wholemeal self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2tsp dried oregano or mixed dried herbs
75g porridge oats
How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cases or squares of baking paper.
2. Mix together the cooled butter, milk and eggs. Stir in the grated organic carrots.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dried herbs, porridge oats and salt.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, taking care that you don’t over-mix. Share the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, until firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Cook’s tips: The secret of successful muffins is to avoid over-mixing the wet and dry ingredients. Freeze some of the muffins in a freezer bag or box – they will keep for up to 3 months.
What do you think of this Muffins recipe post?
Do you fancy making some?
Recipe and image courtesy of British Organic Carrots.
The British Organic Carrot season runs from October to May.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cup Cake Recipes To Try Out
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 7 Chocolate Cupcake Recipes For Chocolate Cupcake Day
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins
- How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween
- How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes
- BerryWorld Vegan Blackberry And Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins For The Weekend
- Eggs-tra Special Chocolate And Beetroot Cupcakes
- How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes
- 6 Christmas Cupcake Recipes: Spoil Your Friends
- Chocolate, Aubergine And Cranberry Cake