Mars Bar Cornflake Treats: Creative Mondays Blog Hop.
Hello friends. Welcome to this weeks creative Mondays blog hop. Have you been creative this week?
This week I made this recipe up using Mars bars. They tasted very sweet, very yummy and everybody love them…
How To Make Mars Bar Cornflake Treats:
- 100g White cooking chocolate
- 100g Milk cooking chocolate
- 4 x 58g Mars bars
- 100g Margarine
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 150g Cornflakes
- 150g Dark cooking chocolate
You Will Need:
- 2 x 6 holes silicon flower or any shaped mould oven trays
- Melt the white cooking chocolate in a bowl either in a microwave or in a heat prof bowl over simmering pre boiled water.
- In another bowl melt the milk chocolate the same way.
- Place the melted chocolate evenly between the 12 holes silicon tray, mixing the white chocolate and milk chocolate slightly together.
- Leave to cool whilst preparing the Mars bar mix.
- Slice the 4 Mars bars into chunks, place with the margarine and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl.
- Melt over a pan of simmering pre boiled water.
- Stir the mixture, first as it melts it becomes thin, keep stirring it as it will start to become thicker.
- When everything is melted and mixed in together, remove from the bowl from the pan and mix in the corn flakes straight away.
- Crush the cornflakes down slightly with a potato masher.
- Leave to cool slightly so not to melt the chocolate in the moulds.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the 12 holes in the trays on top of the chocolate and with the back of a spoon gentle press down.
- Melt the dark chocolate and cover the 12 treats.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cooled place in a fridge for a few hours to set until ready to turn out.
- When taking them out, turn upside down onto a place a loosen all sides, slowly lift from the middle, if starting to break they may need to cool more.
- One turned out the bottoms become the tops.
What do you think about these Mars Bar Cornflake Treats?
Do you fancy making some?
This Linky Has Now Closed. Please Hit The Home Page To Find Our Latest Link Up’s