Mini Vodka and Blackberry Jellies: Weekend Fun.
Mini Vodka and Blackberry Jellies anyone?
Fun for any adult parties you might be planning.
Vodka glasses needn’t be just for drinking from, fill with this delicious softly set, fruity vodka jelly for a great party pud topped with softly whipped cream.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 3-4 hours
Mini Vodka and Blackberry Jellies:
225 g (8 oz) blackberries
Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
200 ml (7 fl oz) water
4 sheets leaf gelatine or 7 g (1/3 oz)
6 tablespoons vodka
50 g (2 oz) blackberries
1 tablespoon caster sugar
120 ml (4 fl oz) double cream
1.) Add the blackberries, lemon rind and juice, sugar and water to a medium sized saucepan, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
2.) Meanwhile add the gelatine sheets to a shallow dish, pour over cold water to just cover then leave to soak for 5 minutes.
3.) Scoop the fruit out of the pan with a draining spoon and transfer to 8, 100 ml (3½ fl oz) vodka shot glasses.
4.) Drain the gelatine and add the softened sheets to the warm fruit juice, stir until dissolved.
5.) Mix in the vodka.
6.) Pour over the fruit in the glasses, leave to cool then transfer to the fridge for 3-4 hours or until set.
7.) When almost ready to serve make the blackberry cream by mashing the blackberries on a plate with the sugar, using a fork.
8.) Softly whip the cream in a bowl until it just holds its shape then fold in the blackberries until marbled together.
9.) Spoon over the set jellies and serve.
Recipes and photo credits- Seasonal Berries.
What do you think about these Mini Vodka and Blackberry Jellies? Fun aren’t they?
You Might Also Like:
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- Nottingham Castle And The Robin Hood Statue