Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding.
Fancy making a Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding?
A fun twist to the usual pineapple upside own pudding.
Recipe by Fiona Hunter
How To Make A Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding:
For The Topping:
- 400g Nature’s Finest Pears in juice drained and juice reserved
- 50g baking margarine or butter
- 50g light brown sugar
For The Cake:
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 100g baking margarine or butter softened and cut into cubes
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 50g crystallised ginger, finely chopped (optional)
Custard to serve or maybe some cream or ice cream.
How To Make:
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. To make the topping beat the sugar and butter together until creamy. Spread the mixture over the base of a 20cm round cake tin. Arrange the pears over the mixture
2. To make the sponge, sieve the flour, baking powder and ground ginger into a large bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs and crystallised ginger if using plus 2 tbsp of reserved juice and beat with an electric hand whisk until everything is combined and the mixture has a smooth soft consistency.
3. Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 mins.
4. Leave to stand for 5 mins then carefully turn out onto a plate serve with custard.
Recipe c/o Nature’s Finest, the UK’s no.1 potted fruit brand.
What do you think of this Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding?
Fancy making one?
You may also like:
Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding:
How about trying this Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding?
Fruity Sausage Rolls:
A fun twist on the usual sausage rolls.
Fruity Sausage Rolls Recipe by Fiona Hunter.
Let us know if you get to try any of these recipes in the comments below.
You can also find us on a range of social media channels found at the top of this page.
Join the conversation.