Fancy making these Potter’s chocolate and cinnamon malt biscuit stars?
These biscuit stars can be eaten on their own or made into Christmas trees🎄. The biscuit dough is very versatile with an open structure and slightly risen finish. For an added treat, why not stir chopped dark chocolate into the dough and bake as below.
How To Make Potter’s Chocolate And Cinnamon Malt Biscuit Stars:
Makes: 30 varying sizes of stars (or 5 trees)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50g Potter’s Herbals Malt Extract
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 medium egg
- 275g self-raising flour
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp water
How To Make:
- Beat the butter, malt extract and agave syrup with an electric whisk, until softened and smooth. Beat in the vanilla essence and the egg with a spoonful of flour until combined. Beat in half the flour then stir in the remaining flour, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Line 3 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough to 1cm thickness and stamp out shapes with a star cookie cutter. If you have 3 different sizes of cutter that will work best for when you shape into trees. Cut 10 large stars, 10 medium stars and 10 small stars and place onto the baking sheets. Cook for 8 minutes. The small ones will need about 2 minutes less time. If you have to cook the cookies in batches you can cut out the stars, place onto baking sheets and put the ones you can’t fit in the oven, in the fridge, until ready to cook.
- Cool on a wire rack. Make the cookie glue by mixing the icing and water together.
- Pile the stars onto one another to make Christmas trees (I made 5), holding in place with the cookie glue. Dust with the icing sugar for a snowy effect.
TIP: If you cannot find any agave syrup, do not worry, you can use either honey or golden syrup as an alternative.
Recipe c/o Potter’s Herbal Malt Extract
Fancy making any of these biscuits?