Christmas Chocolate Granola Gifts…
– Perfect for adult stocking fillers or to hang from the Christmas tree.
– All homemade and filled with love.
This Christmas surprise and delight with these gorgeous Granola Chocolate bars. Perfect for popping in a stocking or hanging from the Christmas tree – but be careful – once tried all will be gone!
All you need for these fabulous Granola Chocs is a cake mould (a cake tin or cookie cutter all work well – it depends on what shape you want), your favourite chocolate, a handful of granola and some raisins and nuts if you fancy it. We got these little moulds from Lakeland!
It is a great activity for children and makes a sweet personalised present for chocolate lovers.
- Good quality chocolate (100g)
- Handful of Lizi’s Belgian Chocolate Granola (crumbled)
- Some nuts and raisins or other dried fruit for toppings
- Sprinkles or honeycomb chunks (for the sweeter tooth!)
- Break the chocolate (plain or milk work better) into chunks and melt in the microwave (or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) in short bursts on a medium heat. Stir between each blast.
- When molten, crumble half the Lizi’s Belgian Chocolate Granola into the melted chocolate and pour or spoon the chocolate carefully into your mould. If you are using a cookie cutter, place it on a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking sheet and carefully pour the chocolate in. Depending on the size of your mould (the Lakeland moulds are quite small) and whilst still liquid, sprinkle over the remaining Lizi’s Belgian chocolate and add some raisins or other toppings if you are using. Carefully put the mould in the fridge and allow to set. The shapes should pop out easily once hardened, although they may need a little encouragement by sliding a knife around the side. They make lovely gifts if wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbons.
- Time – Five minutes, plus cooling time!
Recipe c/o Lizi’s Granola.
Another few idea!?
Stained Glass Cookies
How To Make A Christmas Stocking
Do you like making handmade gifts?