Sticky Brown Sugar Pavlova With Spiced Clementines And Pecan Praline.
A real show stopper of a dessert!
A delicious combination of light crisp meringue, fresh cream and lightly spiced nectarines with the sweet crunch of pecan praline.
This impressive festive dessert is the perfect centrepiece for your table.
The sticky brown sugar meringue has a delicious caramel flavour which works really well with the sweet citrus and winter spices.
The pecan praline gives extra crunch and another dimension to this show stopper of a dessert.
How To Make Sticky Brown Sugar Pavlova With Spiced Clementines And Pecan Praline:
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 large egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 150g Whitworths for Baking Caster Sugar
- 100g Whitworths for Baking Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 heaped tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar1 tsp vanilla extract
Spiced Clementines For The Syrup:
- 300ml water
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 star anise optional
- 8 clementines
- 100g Whitworths for Baking Caster Sugar
- 200g pecan nuts
- 300ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Whitworths for Baking Twist and Sprinkle
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On the underside of the baking paper draw a circle approximately 15cm in diameter.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peak stage.
- Add the Whitworths for Baking Caster and Light Soft Brown Sugar a spoonful at a time, until fully combined and the meringue mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract and fold through the meringue until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the baking paper and using the circle as a guide; spread the mixture to fill the circle, smoothing the top.
- Place the Pavlova in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 150C.
- Cook for 1 hour 30 mins.
- Turn the oven off and allow the Pavlova to cool with the oven door slightly open.
- Pour the water and sugar into a large saucepan and heat gently to dissolve.
- Add the liqueur, cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise, boil for 5 or 10 minutes until it becomes thick and syrupy.
- Set aside to cool.
- Peel the clementines and remove any white pith.
- Place the clementines in the warm syrup and leave to cool.
- Store in the fridge until they are ready to use.
- Place the Whitworths for Baking Caster Sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and allow the sugar to melt gently and cook for 3-4 until light golden in colour.
- Add the pecan nuts and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture onto a lightly oiled baking tray, spread out and leave to cool.
- Once cooled and set, smash the praline into pieces.
- Place the cooled Pavlova on a large serving plate, spoon over the lightly whipped cream.
- Remove the clementines from the syrup and slice each one into 4 circles.
- Place the slices of clementine on top of the cream.
- Drizzle over a little of the syrup and scatter over the praline pieces.
- Decorate as you wish with a stencil and Whitworths for Baking Twist & Sprinkle.
- Serve immediately with a proud smile!
- If you want to get ahead this Christmas –
- The Pavlova can be made up to 4 days in advance and kept in an airtight container.
- The clementines can be prepared up to 3 days in advance and kept in the fridge.
- The Praline can be made 2 days in advance and kept in an airtight container.
What do you think of this Sticky Brown Sugar Pavlova With Spiced Clementines And Pecan Praline recipe?
Do you fancy trying it?
Recipe and photo credit by- Whitworths for Baking
You Might Also Like: