Are you looking for something tasty for dinner?
Today I am sharing some fun and tasty Sweet and Sour Pistachio Meatballs today from American Pistachios.
I love pistachios!! So tasty!!
These meatballs are a little different to traditional meatballs as they are made with Turkey mince.
I can image all the ingredients will work together perfectly too.
Sweet And Sour Pistachio Meatballs:
SERVES: 6 (36 meatballs in total)
- 500g turkey mince
- 60g dry breadcrumbs
- 60g shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Pinch salt and ground black pepper to serve
- For the sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g malt vinegar
- 1 small can pineapple in juice, roughly chopped
- 150g tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp soya sauce
- Shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, pistachios, onion, egg and salt. With wet hands shape the mixture into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Place in shallow pan and bake at 400° F /200C/Gas mark 6 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the sweet and sour sauce combine all the ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil then simmer for 5mins.
- Thread the meatballs onto wooden skewers. Garnish with pistachios and serve with the sauce.
*Recipe and recipe photography by American Pistachios*
What do you think?
What are your favourite nuts?
Do you fancy trying these Sweet And Sour Pistachio Meatballs for dinner tonight?
Share your thoughts below.
How about a few other pistachios recipe ideas?
What about making a nice and tasty Carrot Pistachio And Feta Salad for lunch?
Or maybe some nice and healthy Pistachio And Apricot Powerballs for an after lunch treat?
Fancy making any of these recipes up?
Do you like to make any recipes up using pistachio nuts?