Turkey, Bacon And Lentil Soup. Winter Warmers. Hello friends. So how are you today? Are you looking for some tasty Winter warmer recipes? Turkey, Bacon And Lentil Soup anyone? How yummy!?
Experience the heartwarming goodness of a Turkey, Bacon, and Lentil Soup. A comforting bowl of wholesome flavours that will keep you coming back for more.
This hearty soup is a delicious blend of tender turkey, smoky bacon, and nutritious lentils.
Turkey, Bacon And Lentil Soup:
To prepare it, start by heating the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and fry until soft. Add the bacon and continue frying for three minutes. Next add the garlic, carrot and celery, then fry for a further minute.
The lentils are introduced, simmering until they reach a perfect al dente texture, while absorbing all the delicious flavors from the broth.
This delightful combination is seasoned with a medley of aromatic herbs and spices, add as many as you like. Resulting in a soup that’s a true celebration of taste and texture. Whether you’re craving a bowlful of comfort on a chilly evening or a hearty meal to satisfy your hunger. This Turkey, Bacon, and Lentil Soup is a delightful choice that brings warmth and contentment to every spoonful.
Turkey, Bacon And Lentil Soup.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can green lentils, drained
- 125g cooked turkey, shredded into bite size pieces
- 1 very small onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf ( add more spices if you like to taste)
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and fry until soft. Add the bacon and continue frying for three minutes. Next add the garlic, carrot and celery, then fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaf and lentils, simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, discard the bay leaf, remove half the soup and liquidise to a smooth consistency.
- Return the liquidised soup to the pan. Stir in the cooked turkey and heat through, adjusting the consistency of the soup with more stock if necessary.
Hints And Tips:
- Delicious served with crusty bread.
- Using canned lentils means that you don’t need to soak them overnight – and they have a long shelf life too.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 258
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbs: 19.4g
- Sugars: 6.0g
- Fat: 10.5g
- Sat Fat: 2.9g
- Fibre: 1.5g
- Sodium: 0.8g
Turkey, Bacon And Lentil Soup: Winter Warmers. Recipe and photo credit by- Canned food UK.