Atlantic Salmon Fillets With Roasted Potato, Tomato And Basil Salad anyone?
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 4 Young’s Salmon Fillets
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g new potatoes, sliced lengthways into 3
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the sliced potatoes on a baking tray, season with salt & pepper and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, toss well and spread out evenly. Place on the top shelf of the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and place the salmon fillets skin side down in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove the salmon from the frying pan and place on a baking tray skin side up. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté the red onions for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 40 seconds.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl with the tomato and onion mixture, add the basil & season with salt & pepper. Toss together gently to combine. Divide the potato salad between four plates & place the salmon on top. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve.
Serve with Parmesan shavings.
Enjoy with a chilled glass of Pinot Gris.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Young’s Seafood*
*No Payment was received*