BBQ Cheat Sheet From Michelin Star Chef Steve Smith.
Today I am sharing BBQ Cheat Sheet from Michelin Star Chef Steve Smith @ Bohemia Restaurant, The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey.
BBQ Cheat Sheet From Michelin Star Chef Steve Smith:
1. Avoid Disasters:
It may seem obvious but if you want to avoid any disasters then you need to make sure the BBQ is lit properly and is not in the proximity of anything that is potentially flammable!
2. Heat The Meat:
Make sure that any poultry or pork items are thoroughly cooked to avoid food poisoning.
To know if you have the right temperature to cook with you just need to wait for the flames to die down, and check the colour of the coals.
They should glow red underneath and be white on the top or you can buy BBQ thermometers from any good BBQ retailer.
3. Safety First:
Generally, any type of fish, lamb or beef are the safest items to cook for those concerned about becoming ill at a BBQ, as they are low-risk meats.
You can cook them rare, medium, well done or as you would normally. Also, you should always use separate utensils for cooking and serving.
4. Don’t Take Risks:
Any pork and chicken items are the highest risk food generally cooked on the BBQ and you need to check that they are thoroughly cooked.
Also, make sure they are consumed immediately.
If you leave them outside on a nice day for more than 30 minutes you are running a risk of giving someone food poisoning!
Also try not to serve any form of rice salad, as it will likely spend the entire day sat out in warm conditions.
5. Impress Your Guests:
BBQs are not just about meat, any type of vegetable kebabs are great! Be bold and use vegetables such as onions, peppers, aubergines, and kholarbi.
6. Don’t Leave Leftovers:
Many people think that leftovers can be used the following day.
This is generally a no-no.
Cook only what you need for the BBQ or you will just have to eat it all!
Bohemia Bar & Restaurant provides unrivalled Michelin Star dining in the heart of Jersey. Head Chef Steve Smith, who has held a Michelin Star for over 15 years from the age of just 24, has created a truly outstanding dining experience with his ingredient and flavour driven tasting menus.
|Head chef Steve Smith|
Tips courtesy of Head Chef Steve Smith at Michelin Starred Bohemia Bar & Restaurant, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands.
You Might Also Like:
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up