Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld
BerryWorld Strawberries, Roasted Rhubarb And Rosewater Labenh Balls. Hello friends, so how are you today? Fancy making a BerryWorld Strawberries, Roasted Rhubarb and Rosewater Labenh Balls?
Strawberries are in season relatively early in the year. Fortunately, this coincides with the Yorkshire Rhubarb season.
Rhubarb and strawberries are wonderful together as the floral notes of the rhubarb flatter the strawberries and vice versa. Adding the rosewater labneh to the mix makes a delicious and very beautiful combination.
How To Make BerryWorld Strawberries, Roasted Rhubarb and Rosewater Labenh Balls:
So are you looking for a delectable dessert that’s bursting with flavour? Try BerryWorld strawberries paired with roasted rhubarb and rosewater labneh balls. This sweet and tangy treat will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more!
Preparation time: 20 minutes (needs to set overnight)
Cooking time: 25 minute
For The Labneh:
- 50g icing sugar
- 2/3 tbsp of rosewater to taste
- pinch of salt
- 500g thick Greek Yogurt
For The Rhubarb:
- 200g rhubarb
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 400g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- rose petals (optional)
What To Do:
- Firstly, start making the labneh a couple of days ahead. Line a sieve with a clean doubled piece cheesecloth or soft fabric. Place the sieve over a bowl.
- Stir the icing sugar, rosewater and salt into the yoghurt then pour the yoghurt into the center of the cheesecloth. Pull the four corners of the cheesecloth up and tie it into a bag with string.
- Suspend the tied cheesecloth over the bowl overnight to allow the whey to drain out. If your kitchen is cold enough you can drain the yoghurt outside the fridge, otherwise put it in the fridge overnight. The longer you leave the labneh the firmer it will become, after 12 hours it should be the consistency of cream cheese
- Remove the labneh from the cloth the next day and store the labneh covered in the refrigerator until needed.
The Labenh Balls:
To make the labneh balls make sure that the labneh is firm enough to use a small spoon to scoop out little walnut-sized balls. Roll them around your hands to shape and place the balls on a clean cloth-lined tray to remove extra moisture. Store in the fridge.
To Make The Rhubarb:
- To make the rhubarb, preheat the oven to 160˚C. Trim and cut the rhubarb into short lengths. Put the pieces into a baking dish, then sprinkle over the sugar and the water. Cover the dish with a piece of foil or a lid and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the rhubarb is soft but still keeps its shape. Allow the rhubarb to cool in its juices. When the rhubarb is cool, drain it reserving the juices.
- To serve, place a few labneh balls on each serving plate, place a pile of rhubarb next to it. Dress the strawberries with a few spoonfuls of the rhubarb juices and then spoon the strawberries and rhubarb juice over the labneh balls and rhubarb.
Also scatter over the rose petals and serve.
Cook’s tip: In place of the labneh balls, a dollop of thick Greek yoghurt flavoured with sugar and rosewater can be used.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld. So what do you think of this BerryWorld Strawberries, Roasted Rhubarb and Rosewater Labenh Balls recipe? Do you also fancy trying some?
You Might Also Like To Make:
Firstly, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. So if you have some leftover chocolate too, how about melting some down and making some chocolate-dipped strawberries? Especially yummy using quality chocolate. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. So yummy.
Secondly, How To Make Strawberry Wholegrain Chia Pudding With Orange Roasted Strawberries. Are you looking for something a little different for breakfast? Or maybe a nice and tasty treat for the children after school? Strawberry Wholegrain Chia Pudding With Orange Roasted Strawberries.
Thirdly, BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries. This is as a celebration cake for special occasions. The layers of meringue with the fruit in between look very pretty. It’s super easy to make ahead and assemble last minute. Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries. So good.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post.