Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld
BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake With Strawberries And Raspberries.
Happy Easter Monday.
BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries anyone?
This is as a celebration cake for special occasions. The layers of meringue with the fruit in between look very pretty and it’s super easy to make ahead and assemble last minute.
How To Make BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries:
Serves: 12 – 14
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
250g whole hazelnuts
8 egg whites
300g caster sugar
200ml double cream
200g strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
icing sugar to decorate
What To Do:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas mark 4.
2.) Blitz the hazelnuts in a blender until very fine.
3.) Take a clean, grease-free bowl and add the egg whites. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the caster sugar a dessert spoon at a time, whisking well in between. Continue until all the sugar has been added and the mixture is thick and glossy, then fold in the hazelnuts.
4.) Divide the mix between three greased and lined Victoria sandwich tins and then bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden.
5.) When done, take out of the oven, cool in the tins and then carefully remove.
6.) Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread a third of the cream onto one of the meringues and add a thin layer of strawberries and raspberries. Top with the second meringue and repeat the process. Place the final meringue on and top with the remaining cream and berries.
7.) To finish, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Run a knife around the outside of the cake tins to release the meringues and upturn them to get them out of the tin. Carefully peel off the lining paper.
*Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld*
What do you think of this BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries?
Fancy making one?
You might also like:
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- 13 How To Make Cake Recipes For Sponge Cake Day
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake (How To)
- Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears
- Homemade Mother’s Day Spring Mocha Fudge Cake
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting
- Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot
- A Classic Red Velvet Cake Recipe: Valentine’s Day Treat
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes