Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld
BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake With Strawberries And Raspberries.
Happy Easter Monday.
BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries anyone?
This is as a celebration cake for special occasions. The layers of meringue with the fruit in between look very pretty and it’s super easy to make ahead and assemble last minute.
How To Make BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries:
Serves: 12 – 14
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
250g whole hazelnuts
8 egg whites
300g caster sugar
200ml double cream
200g strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
icing sugar to decorate
What To Do:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas mark 4.
2.) Blitz the hazelnuts in a blender until very fine.
3.) Take a clean, grease-free bowl and add the egg whites. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the caster sugar a dessert spoon at a time, whisking well in between. Continue until all the sugar has been added and the mixture is thick and glossy, then fold in the hazelnuts.
4.) Divide the mix between three greased and lined Victoria sandwich tins and then bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden.
5.) When done, take out of the oven, cool in the tins and then carefully remove.
6.) Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread a third of the cream onto one of the meringues and add a thin layer of strawberries and raspberries. Top with the second meringue and repeat the process. Place the final meringue on and top with the remaining cream and berries.
7.) To finish, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Run a knife around the outside of the cake tins to release the meringues and upturn them to get them out of the tin. Carefully peel off the lining paper.
*Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld*
What do you think of this BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake with Strawberries and Raspberries?
Fancy making one?
You might also like:
- Chocolate Kale Brownies: Sweet Vegetable Cake
- Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- 13 How To Make Cake Recipes For Sponge Cake Day
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake (How To)
- Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears
- Homemade Mother’s Day Spring Mocha Fudge Cake
- 10 Afternoon Tea Recipes For Dessert Day
- Clementine And California Walnut Tiramisu
- Vintage Boho Style Dresses
- Red Converse Boots And Polka Dot Maxi
- 2 For 1 Cocktails At Slug & Lettuce, Nottingham
- 5 Party Trifle Ideas: Afternoon Tea DIY Recipes
- Platinum Jubilee Recipes For Afternoon Tea
- Stripy Tank Tops: Almost Matching Dog
- 7 Beach Inspired Sweet Recipes To Try Out
- Red Maxi Dress And Denim Jacket
- 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes
- Green Dresses: A Few Of My Favourites
- The Flower Doesn’t Dream Of The Bee
- Bakewell On A Beautiful Spring Day
- Teddy Coat And Lemon Skirt
- Family Guy Street Art