Brilliant Beetroot Chocolate Fudge Brownies How To Make. Hello friends. Happy Thursday.
Beetroot and chocolate go perfectly together.
Did you know vinegar used to be added to eggless cakes during the war as a raising agent – so beetroot in malt vinegar is perfect for those sweet treats!
These are not as naughty as normal chocolate brownies, and you can be sure that you are all getting one of your five-a-day too, plus, they make PEREFECT school lunch box treats for the children.
Brilliant Beetroot Chocolate Fudge Brownies How To:
(Makes 20 small squares)
1 x 540g jar of Baxters Baby or Sliced Beetroot, well drained and roughly chopped into small pieces
100g butter or margarine, softened
200g chocolate, minimum of 70% cocoa solids
250g soft brown sugar
3 large eggs
100g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
Brilliant Beetroot Chocolate Fudge Brownies Method:
1.) Firstly, preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4/Fan oven 160C. Grease and line a 20 x 30 baking or roasting tray.
2.) Break the chocolate up into small squares, put them into a microwavable bowl, cover and heat on high in the microwave for 2 minutes, to slightly soften them.
3.) Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and with a hand held electric mixer, whisk them all together for 2 to 4 minutes, until everything is amalgamated and there are no visible lumps.
4.) Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes or until well risen all over; the middle of the brownies should feel a little soft under the centre of the crust and may wobble a bit, this is fine as they will firm up on cooling.
5.) Last but not least, cool completely in the tin, before cutting into squares.
Brilliant Beetroot Chocolate Fudge Brownies Tip:
Make sure that the beetroot is well drained and if you wish, you can rinse them in some water; the vinegar flavour will not be discernible when you eat them!
Nutritional value per square:
Kcals = 250
Carbs = 30g
Total Fat = 13g
Saturated Fat = 7g
So what do you think about this recipe? Do you fancy trying it?
Recipe and photo credit by – Baxters
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- Nottingham Castle And The Robin Hood Statue