Bread and butter pudding made with French chocolate chip brioche loaf, cherries and topped with flaky chocolate.
You will need:
- Margarine for spreading onto bread and greasing
- 8 slices of French chocolate chip brioche loaf
- 50g Glazed cherries
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 350ml Milk
- 100 ml Double cream
- 3 Eggs
- 40 g Caster sugar
- 2 Small twirls or small piece of flake
- Grease a medium size dish with some margarine.
- On a plate trim the crusts off the Brioche loaf, spread one side with margarine and cut into 2 triangles.
- Arrange 8 triangles at the bottom of the dish butter sides upwards.
- Sprinkle 10g sugar,1 tsp cinnamon and 50g of cherries evenly over the bread.
- Place the next 8 half’s of bread over the mixture and sprinkle 10g of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon over and set aside.
- Gently warm the milk and cream over a low heat,making sure it don’t boil.
- Meanwhile whisk the 3 eggs and 20g sugar together until pale.
- Take the milk of the heat just before boiling and mix with a wooden spoon into the eggs and sugar.
- Sieve the mixture to remove any lumps.
- Pour the custard mix over the bread and butter pudding.
- Break the mini chocolates over and leave to soak in for about 20 minutes.
- Place in a pre heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for about 30 – 35 minutes until golden.
- Remove and leave to stand 10 minutes before serving.
P.s – taste great with a little pouring cream