Creamy Cavolo Nero And Leek Soup With Cavolo Nero Crisps.
Fancy making this healthy and tasty Cavolo Nero And Leek soup recipe?
Health Benefits of Cavolo nero, from nutritionist Fiona Hunter:
- Like kale, cavolo nero boasts a string of health benefits which firmly place it in the ‘superfood’ category.
- Cavolo nero is high in vitamins K, A and C
- It is also high in lutein, calcium and folic acid
- Cavolo nero contains manganese, copper and iron.
Five Reasons to make Leeks one of your Five-a-Day from nutritionist Fiona Hunter:
- Energy – Leeks contain B vitamins which help the release of energy.
- Gut Health – Leeks contain a type of fibre called Frucooligosaccharides (FOS) which can encourage the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut.
- Bone Health – Leeks contain Vitamin K which is important for bone health.
- Nervous System – Vitamin B6 plays a role in the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Immune System-Leeks contain B vitamins which help support the immune system
How To Make Creamy Cavolo Nero And Leek Soup With Cavolo Nero Crisps:
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
You Will Need:
- 200g pack sliced Cavolo Nero
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 500g Leeks, sliced
- 1 potato, diced (200g)
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Toss 75g Cavolo Nero with half the oil and paprika, season and spread out onto a large baking tray, roast for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan and fry the remaining Cavolo Nero, leeks and potato for 5 minutes. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 10 minutes then add the milk. Using a stick blender, process to give a coarse texture.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with the Cavolo Nero crisps.
- For a vegan option, replace the milk with soya or almond milk.
Recipe and image courtesy of Discover Cavolo Nero & Discover Leeks
What do you think of this Creamy Cavolo Nero And Leek Soup With Cavolo Nero Crisps recipe?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like: