Five Spice Belly Pork With Baked Rhubarb.
Rhubarb for dinner anyone?
Fancy making this five spice belly pork with baked rhubarb recipe?
Five Spice Belly Pork With Baked Rhubarb:
Preparation time:10 minutes
Total time:1.5 – 2 hours
- 750g free-range pork belly joint (from the meat counter)
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 400g forced rhubarb
- 2–3 star anise
- 50g caster sugar
1 Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Remove the string from the joint and unroll. If necessary, score the skin of the pork with a sharp knife. Mix together the five spice, pepper and salt, and rub all over the skin, working it into the scored areas.
2 Place the pork skin side up in a roasting tin. Roast for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180°C, gas mark 4. Cook the pork for a further 1 hour until the skin is tender and starting to crisp. If the skin needs longer to crisp up, turn the oven back up to 220°C, gas mark 7 again until the crackling has formed.
3 Remove the pork from the oven and transfer to a warm plate to rest while you roast the rhubarb. Trim and slice the rhubarb into 5cm pieces, then arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin, add the star anise and scatter with the sugar. Roast for 15 minutes until the rhubarb is tender but still holding its shape. Serve with the pork and crackling cut into generous pieces. I like this with wedges of roasted sweet potato and steamed greens or sprouts for a comforting Sunday lunch.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of this Five Spice Belly Pork With Baked Rhubarb recipe? Do you fancy adding it your thing’s to bake list?
Let us know if you make one.
You might also like these posts:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- 16/01 Creative Mondays Blog Hop Week 3: Brunch Bars
- 21 Fruit And Cream Meringues Recipes To Try
- 21 Recipes To Celebrate Chocolate Cake Day
- 5 Tips To Make The Ultimate Hot Chocolate
- BerryWorld Strawberry Rocky Road Treats
- Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day
- Blueberry Valentine Hearts : Easy To Make
- Borderfields Chocolate Chip Easter Muffins
- Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Truffles…
- Brandied Chocolate Truffles