How To Bake A Rhubarb, Almond And Vanilla Galette. Happy Friday. Almost the weekend. Are you doing any baking this weekend? Fancy making a Rhubarb, almond and vanilla galette anyone?
This flat round cake of pastry busting with rhubarb and other delicious flavours would be perfect for an after Sunday dinner treat. How tasty!?
How To Bake A Rhubarb, Almond And Vanilla Galette:
Preparation time: 25 minutes + marinating, chilling and cooling
Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes to 1 hour + marinating, chilling and cooling
Serves: 10 – 12
400g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Forced Rhubarb, trimmed
100g light brown soft sugar
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
100g ground almonds
1 tbsp demerara sugar, to sprinkle
50g toasted flaked almonds
For The Pastry:
300g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
75g caster sugar
½ tsp fine sea salt
150g unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Egg, beaten, plus extra for glazing
What To Do:
1. Cut the rhubarb stalks into 3-4cm lengths. Mix in a bowl with the brown sugar, vanilla seeds and pod. Set aside.
2. To make the pastry mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until you have a sandy texture. Using a table knife, mix in the egg with 4-5 tbsp of ice-cold water, to form a rough dough. Knead very briefly until the dough comes together, then cut off one-third. Flatten each piece into a roundel about 2cm thick and wrap in clingfilm or parchment. Chill for at least 20 minutes, or for up to 1 hour.
3. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Dust a clean surface with flour. Roll the larger pastry sheet to a rough 30cm roundel, about the thickness of a £1 coin. Transfer to the prepared tray. Scatter the ground almonds into the centre and top with the rhubarb mixture, leaving a 5cm border exposed. Discard the vanilla pod.
4. Roll the smaller piece of pastry to a 23-25cm roundel and cut into 7 strips, each about 3cm wide. Lay four strips, evenly spaced, over the fruit. Working one at a time, lay the remaining 3 strips in the opposite direction, interweaving them with the other strips as you go, to create a lattice, then tucking the ends under neatly. Brush with beaten egg and scatter with demerara sugar. Chill for at least 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
Heat The Oven:
5. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Bake the galette towards the bottom of the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 190°C, gas mark 5, and cook for a final 15-20 minutes until golden and the base is crisp. Rest for at least 30 minutes, before scattering with toasted flaked almonds. Serve warm or cold. Delicious with vanilla ice cream.
How To Bake A Rhubarb, Almond And Vanilla Galette. Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. What do you think of this Rhubarb, Almond & Vanilla Galette?
Do you fancy adding it your thing’s to bake list? Let us know if you make one.
You might also like these Rhubarb recipes:
BerryWorld Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble:
Yum, Yum!! Alex says “Roughly chopped fruit with a dash of ginger wine and a crunchy bar crumble topping! This pudd is a great way to have something warming that still tastes like summer.” How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry And Rhubarb Crumble.
How To Make A Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake:
Brr, it is so cold around here!!! How can it be in May!! it would soon warm up with a spot of baking? Don’t you think? Talking od baking; Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake anyone? How To Make A Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake.
Five Spice Belly Pork With Baked Rhubarb:
Fancy making this five spice belly pork with baked rhubarb recipe? Five Spice Belly Pork With Baked Rhubarb.
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey And Cumin
- 5 Steps To A Flipping Perfect Pancake’s On Pancake Day
- 19 Pancake Recipes To Try Out On Shrove Tuesday
- 13 Spanish Persimon Recipes: In Season Now
- Pumpkin And Feta Tart: How To Make One For Yourself
- Fiery Asparagus And Chicken Pasta
- Fancy Making A Lovely Leftovers Lamb Hotpot?
- Isle Of Wight Tomato Dhal With Shallot Tadka
- Vegan Mini Shallot Bhajis & Minted Yogurt: How To Make
- How To Make A Chantenay, Thyme And Goat’s Cheese Tart
- Thai Chicken And British Asparagus Curry With Turmeric Rice
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip
- BBQ British Asparagus With Feta And Beetroot Dressing
- Bonne Maman Marbled Fruity Meringues
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style