Healthy Crunch Bars anyone?
Perfect for an after lunch treat.
Today I am sharing this recipe from CHOC Chick.
Healthy Crunch Bars – Suitable for Vegans, Gluten and Dairy Free.
How To Make Healthy Crunch Bars:
- 100g cacao butter
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Freedom
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100g biscuits, crushed (digestive or similar)
- 200g dried fruit and seeds (we used dried pears, cranberries, apricots and pumpkin and sesame seeds)
How To Make:
- First, prepare the topping: slice the dried fruit into bite-sized pieces and mix with the seeds.
- Line a tin or container with baking paper (one about the size of a Victoria sandwich tin works well) and set aside.
- Crush your biscuits if you haven’t already.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water (bain marie) melt the cacao butter.
- When completely liquid remove from the heat, whisk in the cacao powder, cinnamon and then the Sweet Freedom.
- Continue to whisk until fully combined.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and half of the fruit and nut mixture.
- Mix well until everything is coated in chocolate.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin/container and top with the remaining fruit and nuts, pressing them down slightly to help them stick.
- Chill until set, slice and enjoy!
*Recipe and recipe photography by CHOC Chick*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Healthy Crunch Bars?
Fancy trying some?
You might also like:
Raspberry And Coconut Oat Bars:
Are you looking for a nice and tasty treat recipe?
Raspberry And Coconut Oat Bars anyone?
Rapeseed oil has a new perfect blend of omegas 3, 6 and 9 and just half the saturated fat of olive oil making it great if you’re looking to make healthy tweaks to your diet.
Borderfields uses only the finest culinary rapeseed grown in British fields, carefully selecting each batch of rapeseed and gently pressing and filtering it five times for a superior, pure and simple product.
Perfect for a healthier mid-morning snack or lunch box treat.