Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune Breakfast Detox Smoothie.
Jennifer Irvine say’s:
“A fabulous breakfast smoothie that takes only minutes to prepare and is designed to help kick-start your day.
This smoothie contains rolled oats – but there’s no need to pre-soak these.
We simply blend them and then add everything else separately. What I love about this recipe is that all the best breakfast ingredients are combined in a quick tasty drink.
The oats are wholegrains that are slowly digested during the morning; the banana is a source of potassium, which helps support muscle function; the calcium in the milk, together with the vitamin K in the prunes all help maintain normal bone health.
Chia seeds are a source of ‘good for you’ unsaturated fats and the fabulous, moreish prunes are high in potassium, so do all sorts from supporting normal functioning nervous system, to maintaining normal blood pressure.
And because prunes contribute to normal bowel function*, this smoothie is a great detox.
But really all you need to know is that it tastes delicious! [*the beneficial effect is obtained with 100g/day of prunes]”
How To Make A Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune Breakfast Detox Smoothie:
Handful of rolled oats
Small handful of ready-to-eat California Prunes (about 4)
1 tsp honey
Approx 20g live yoghurt
Tablespoon of chia seeds
Approx 150 ml Skimmed / semi-skimmed milk
Approx 150 ml California Prune juice
1 tsp fresh root ginger
Couple of lettuce leaves
1.) Firstly, place the oats in the blender and blend until you have a fine powder. Then add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the milk and the prune juice.
2.) Add enough milk to go half-way up the glass, and top with enough prune juice to cover the solid ingredients.
3.) Blend, adding more liquid to get your preferred consistency.
*Recipe credits by California Prunes* *No Payment was received*
What do you think of this smoothie recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Like:
Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes:
Firstly, do you fancy trying out these Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes? Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes.
Jennifer Irvine’s Super Summer Smoothie:
Secondly, do you fancy trying out this Summer smoothie?
Packed full yummy blueberries, strawberries, a peach, orange and prune juice and topped up with nice cold ice cubes!! What’s not to love? Jennifer Irvine’s Super Summer Smoothie.
- 3 Super Healthy Lean Machines Juice Recipes To Try Out
- 4 Smoothies To Start Your New Year
- 5 Tasty Smoothie Recipes For Summer
- 6 Smoothie Recipes To Try For Breakfast
- Apricot, Strawberries And Kale Smoothie
- Avocado Breakfast Smoothie
- Banana And Blueberry Smoothie
- Banana and Chocolate Warming Oat Smoothie
- Be Brave Be Bold Be You: 11 Feel-Good Smoothie
- Beetroot, Pomegranate And Orange Smoothie
- Berry Cashew Smoothie Bowl- Twist On A Classic
- BerryWorld Blueberry Buzz Smoothie To Make
- BerryWorld Raspberry, Blackberry, Peach, Almond
- BerryWorld Strawberry Hawaii Slush
- BerryWorld Strawberry Smoothie: How To Make
- Lemon Drizzle Cake: 3 Recipes To Choose From
- 15 Healthy Lunch Ideas To Try Out This Week
- Beyond The Kale: 9 Kale Recipes To Try Today!
- 5 Valentine Recipes To Make For Someone Special
- What Does The First Letter Of Your Name Say
- 5 Homemade Valentine Recipes Ideas To Try
- 4 Mouth Watering Pancake Recipes To Eat
- Blue Dress And Mary Jane Heels
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cupcake Recipes
- How To Make Macarons: 4 Recipes To Try
- 33 Cheesecake Recipes For Afternoon Tea
- 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes
- 5 Raspberry Recipes Made With Love
- 3 Winter Salads To Add To Your Meal Plan
- 4 Smoothies To Start Your New Year