Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune Breakfast Detox Smoothie.
Jennifer Irvine say’s:
“A fabulous breakfast smoothie that takes only minutes to prepare and is designed to help kick-start your day.
This smoothie contains rolled oats – but there’s no need to pre-soak these.
We simply blend them and then add everything else separately. What I love about this recipe is that all the best breakfast ingredients are combined in a quick tasty drink.
The oats are wholegrains that are slowly digested during the morning; the banana is a source of potassium, which helps support muscle function; the calcium in the milk, together with the vitamin K in the prunes all help maintain normal bone health.
Chia seeds are a source of ‘good for you’ unsaturated fats and the fabulous, moreish prunes are high in potassium, so do all sorts from supporting normal functioning nervous system, to maintaining normal blood pressure.
And because prunes contribute to normal bowel function*, this smoothie is a great detox.
But really all you need to know is that it tastes delicious! [*the beneficial effect is obtained with 100g/day of prunes]”
How To Make A Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune Breakfast Detox Smoothie:
Handful of rolled oats
Small handful of ready-to-eat California Prunes (about 4)
1 tsp honey
Approx 20g live yoghurt
Tablespoon of chia seeds
Approx 150 ml Skimmed / semi-skimmed milk
Approx 150 ml California Prune juice
1 tsp fresh root ginger
Couple of lettuce leaves
1.) Firstly, place the oats in the blender and blend until you have a fine powder. Then add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the milk and the prune juice.
2.) Add enough milk to go half-way up the glass, and top with enough prune juice to cover the solid ingredients.
3.) Blend, adding more liquid to get your preferred consistency.
*Recipe credits by California Prunes* *No Payment was received*
What do you think of this smoothie recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Like:
Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes:
Firstly, do you fancy trying out these Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes? Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes.
Jennifer Irvine’s Super Summer Smoothie:
Secondly, do you fancy trying out this Summer smoothie?
Packed full yummy blueberries, strawberries, a peach, orange and prune juice and topped up with nice cold ice cubes!! What’s not to love? Jennifer Irvine’s Super Summer Smoothie.
- 3 Super Healthy Lean Machines Juice Recipes To Try Out
- 4 Smoothies To Start Your New Year
- 5 Tasty Smoothie Recipes For Summer
- 6 Smoothie Recipes To Try For Breakfast Or Brunch
- Apricot, Strawberries And Kale Smoothie
- Avocado Breakfast Smoothie: Great Way To Start The Day
- Banana And Blueberry Smoothie
- Banana and Chocolate Warming Oat Smoothie…
- Be Brave Be Bold Be You: Creative Mondays Link Up
- Beetroot, Pomegranate And Orange Smoothie
- Berry Cashew Smoothie Bowl- Twist On A Classic
- BerryWorld Blueberry Buzz Smoothie To Make
- BerryWorld Raspberry, Blackberry, Peach, Almond
- BerryWorld Strawberry Hawaii Slush Recipe
- BerryWorld Strawberry Smoothie: How To Make
- Light Brown Teddy Coat: Back In Fashion Again
- Lady & The Tramp Shirt With Jeans And Street Art
- Dark Red Jumper Dress To Match My Flowers
- Showtime Now bring On The Cabaret, My Friends
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Happy Balloons Around The World Day
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Autumn Layering Fashion Ideas: 31 Days Of
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- Red And Black Polka Dot Shirt From The Charity Shop
- Last Days Of The Warm Sunshine And Summer Dresses
- Flowered Jumpsuit And Polka Dot Trainer
- Selfie Saturday With The Owl Trail In Nottingham
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever
- Pink Animal Print Dress & A Black Polo Neck Jumper