Scotch Eggs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. Hello friends, so how are you today? Are you a fan of scoot eggs?
We love Scotch eggs here and when my daughter seen this picture she said “can I have one now!?”
Scotch Eggs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce: Nothing beats a home-made scotch egg – ideal for a snack, school lunchbox or party canapés.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Scotch Eggs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- Secondly, Scotch Eggs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Scotch Eggs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
Preparation and Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 large eggs, free range
- 300g sausage meat i.e. pork sausage meat, such as Gloucester Old Spot
- 50g Rachel’s Low Fat Natural Yogurt
- 125g plain flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten placed in a bowl
- 180g dry breadcrumbs, placed onto a plate
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Salt & pepper
- 150g Rachel’s Low Fat Natural Yogurt
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Boil the eggs in their shells until hardboiled. Leave to cool in a pan of cold water, this will help the shell come away cleanly. Shell the eggs when cool.
- Mix the sausage meat with the yogurt and season. Tip: you can use sausages in the skin, just remove the meat from the skin.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 and flatten each out on a clean surface sprinkled with a little flour.
- Put the seasoned flour onto a plate or dish and dredge each egg into the flour.
- Place each round of sausage meat over the egg and wrap around so the whole egg is covered. Make sure the coating is as smooth as possible. Tip: flour your hands as this may help.
- Dip each sausage meat coated egg into the beaten egg and then roll into the breadcrumbs until you have a complete covering.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep heavy bottomed pan. Check the oil is hot by placing a breadcrumb into the oil and when it sizzles it is hot enough.
- Place each egg into the hot oil, take care use a slotted spoon. Deep fry for 10 minutes until golden, move the eggs around with the spoon.
- Remove each egg from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix together the yogurt and the mustard until both are incorporated and serve in a dish alongside the scotch eggs.
Scotch Eggs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. About this post: This recipe was provided by Rachel’s. So what do you think? Do you also fancy trying this recipe?
You Might Also Like:
- Strawberry And Chilli Nectar. Firstly, Strawberry And Chilli Nectar British strawberries just encapsulate summer. Gently cooking fresh strawberries with dried hibiscus flowers, a little chilli and fructose sugar in a sealed bowl over hot water brings out and captures the very essence of summer. Strawberry and chilli Nectar. Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
- How To Make Welsh Lamb And Apricot Burgers. Secondly, so do you fancy trying these Welsh Lamb And Apricot Burgers? Perfect for any parties or family get-togethers you might have coming up. How To Make Welsh Lamb And Apricot Burgers.
- Pink Coleslaw. Thirdly, chargrilled Paprika Lemon Chicken accompanied by crunchy slaw and fresh lemon, it’s a perfect summer supper or will be a welcome addition to the barbecue spread. Pink Coleslaw.
- Avocado, Prawn, and Cabbage Salad. Last but not least, so are you looking for a new and tasty salad recipe to try out? How about this Avocado, Prawn, and Cabbage Salad? Avocado, Prawn, and Cabbage Salad.
Thanks so much for stopping by.