One of our favourite meals has to be paella. Even the children all love this too. My husband set us off loving this, as he used to go away to Spain a lot when he was younger. I never went abroad until I was mid 20’s but once I went and tried it, I loved it too.
We like it served with lots of different seafood in ours, instead of chicken.
How To Make Spicy Seafood Paella:
I usually buy 2 king prawn seafood mixes but the husband fancied having more mussels in this time.
- 52g Schwartz flavour shots
- 1 onion, diced
- 80 Spicy Chorizo slices
- 325g Risotto rice
- 1 litre of (1 and 3 quarter pints) water
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 100g Frozen peas
- 400g Frozen cooked mussels
- 350g Frozen cooked King prawns and Squid rings
- About 8 hours before cooking or overnight, defrost the frozen seafood. Check on the packet for defrosting time.
- In a big paella pan over a medium heat, spoon the contains of the flavour shot in.
- Diced the onion and cut the chorizo slices into strips and gently fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the risotto rice for about a minute until all coated in the flavour shot.
- Gently add the water, string all the time.
- Chop the peppers and stir into the paella.
- Mix in the frozen peas.
- Bring to boil. Stirring all the time.
- Reduce heat and simmer for around 25 minutes, until all water had absorbed into the paella.
- Stir occasionally.
- 3-5 minutes before end of cooking time add the defrosted seafood, stirring all the time to warm them through. Check they are cooked before serving.
- Ready to serve.
My husband would have this every night if I made it for him!
Do you like seafood?
How about trying this Spicy Seafood Paella?