Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt.
Hello friends, fancy a nice tasty salad?
A salad with strawberries in?
Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt :
This is a real taste sensation, fresh fruity and refreshing British strawberries, thirst quenching watermelon and cherry tomatoes, summery pea shoots and baby leaves tossed with crumbled feta shaved parmesan, toasted pine nuts then finished with sea salt flakes mixed with vanilla seeds and a white balsamic dressing for an incredible finale.
How To Make A Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt:
350g/12oz strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered if large
400g/14oz watermelon, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm/1/2inch dice
150g/51/2oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
100g/31/2oz mixed baby salad leaves to include pea shoots and lambs lettuce
Small handful Thai basil/ordinary basil, leaves stripped from stems
16 mint leaves
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
100g/31/2oz feta cheese, drained, crumbled into small pieces
40g/11/2oz piece parmesan, cut into shavings with a vegetable peeler
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1 vanilla pod, slit lengthways, seeds scraped from pod
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Little freshly ground black pepper
Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt Method:
1.) Add the strawberries, diced watermelon and tomatoes to a bowl.
2.)Add the salad leaves, tearing any larger pieces into bite size, basil and mint leaves.
3.) Sprinkle over the lime zest, feta, parmesan and pine nuts.
4.) Mix the salt flakes with the vanilla in a small bowl.
5.) Whisk the balsamic vinegar and oil with a little pepper together for the dressing then add vanilla salt and dressing to the salad to taste and toss together.
Vanilla salt also tastes great sprinkled over grilled seabass fillets, steak or for the more adventurous types add a little sprinkle of this to vanilla ice cream.
Don’t throw away the scraped vanilla pod, add it to a jam jar and top up the jar with caster sugar, screw on the lid and leave for a week for the vanilla to flavour the sugar then sprinkle over hulled strawberries, add to homemade strawberry jelly, meringue or shortbread.
Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt. About this post -This is a guest post. No payment was received. Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
You Might Also Like These Seasonal Berries Posts:
- Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple
- Sweet Potato Topped with Ricotta, Celery And Radish
- 5 Mix And Match Salad Jar Recipes To Try Out
- Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice
- BerryWorld Strawberry, Crab and Avocado Salad
- Toasted Walnut, Black Bean, Corn And Tomato Salad
- Asparagus, Tuna And Bean Salad With Shallot: How To
- 3 Winter Salads To Add To Your Meal Plan This Week
- Butternut Squash, Quinoa, Pear and Walnut Bowl
- Celery And Apple Matchstick Salad: Celery Salad Recipe
- Salmon, Walnut And Avocado Grain Bowls
- Steamed Chantenay And Little Gem Salad With Feta
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- 21st Century Salad Full Of Fantastic Flavours
- Lemon Roasted Chantenay With Feta And Mint Couscous Salad