Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage And Butternut Squash Layer. Happy Tuesday. Are you looking for any Christmas side recipe ideas?
Today I am sharing a Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage And Butternut Squash Layer recipe for you to try out. How tasty!?
Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage And Butternut Squash Layer:
This recipe is a delicious and healthy side dish for the festive period.
It can be prepared, cooked, frozen, defrosted and even reheated in the microwave, giving you time to open presents on Christmas day.
How To Make Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage And Butternut Squash Layer:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Product: Pyrex 1.6L casserole dish
750g sweet potatoes
750g butternut squash
½ red cabbage (approx. 450g)
1 tsp ground cumin
Black pepper to taste
Grated rind ½ orange
1 thick slice wholemeal bread, cut into small cubes
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp olive oil
50g pumpkin seeds
15g Chia seeds
How To Make:
1. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and butternut squash and cook in 2 separate pans with enough lightly salted water to just cover. Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Drain well.
2. Slice the red cabbage thinly and cook in a pan with the lid on with the sugar and raisins and 100ml water for approx. 10 minutes until tender.
3. Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 190 C.
4. Mash the sweet potato with the butter, cumin and black pepper, and then put into the base of the Pyrex casserole dish, leveling the surface. Drain the red cabbage of any juice and layer on top of the potato.
5. Mash the butternut squash with the orange rind and layer on top of the red cabbage.
6. Mix together the topping ingredients and scatter over the top of the butternut squash. Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the bread is crunchy and golden brown.
Recipe c/o Pyrex. What do you think of this Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage And Butternut Squash Layer recipe?
Fancy trying it?
10 Christmas Treats To Bake With The Kids This Holiday:
My children break up from school at lunch today then it is a few weeks off for Christmas!!
Yeah.. We always love the holidays, especially Christmas holidays!! So much fun to be planned. Must make lists, quickly. 10 Christmas Treats To Bake With The Kids This Holiday.