The Baking Boutique Cake Pop Maker From QVC.
I am a huge fan of sweet and yummy treats, especially when it comes to making cakes.
Just recently I have become obsessed with wanting to try the latest craze, the cake pops.
I have been bookmarking fun recipes to try, and planning to treat us all to an electronic cake pop maker around Christmas, so me and the children can have fun making some and decorating them too.
With all this in mind I was very pleased when QVC UK asked me if I would like to review one of the silicone Baking Boutique cake pop set that they sell.
I was very interested in seeing how the cakes would turned out, being cooked in the oven.
What Are Cake Pops?
They are a form of cake styled as a lollipop – cake crumbs are mixed with icing or chocolate, and formed into small spheres or cubes in the same way as cake balls, before being given a coating of icing, chocolate or other decorations and attached to lollipop sticks.
The Baking Boutique Cake Pop Maker From QVC:
When my parcel arrived I was impressed with the quality of the silicon mould and 72 reusable cake pop sticks you get in the set. I was really looking forward to trying it out and reading the recipes too. Aw no recipes included, this is such a shame as I would have like a few fun ideas and had no clue of the quantity of cake mixture to use!!
Getting started I made up my favourite cake mixture using-
175g Caster Sugar
175g Self raising flour
2 Tbsp of Cocoa powder
Setting The Cake Pop Sticks:
4 Piece of cooking chocolate
Decorating The Cakes Pops:
200g Cooking chocolate
- Pre heat oven 170c 325f/gas mark 3.
- Mix the margarine with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- With a wooden spoon mix in the eggs one at a time, adding a little flour until all mixed in.
- Then use the electric whisk add the cocoa powder and mix well together all the ingredients
- Spoon the mixture into the cake pop tray.
- Cover with cake pop tray cover.
- Cook for around 20 minutes
- Leave to cool.
- Remove from the tray.
- Them place them back inside to add the cake pop sticks
- Melt the 4 piece of cooking chocolate in a microwave.
- Mix the end of the cake pop sticks inside the chocolate, then scoop a bit of the chocolate into the cakes.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes so the cake pop sticks can set.
- Melt the cooking chocolate and place some rainbow sprinkles into a bowl.
- Dip the cake pops into the chocolate then into some sprinkles and place standing up into a cup.
- Leave to set.
The Baking Boutique Cake Pop Maker From QVC
I really like the cake pop maker, I think it would have been great with a recipe booklet.
My cake mix there was a bit left over so I also made 6 cupcakes too.
I think there is plenty with this recipe for 2 batches as I used a little too much mixture in the trays, with not really knowing how much to put in at first go.
The cakes did taste great but a few were a bit to heavy for the sticks and fell off!!
Just need to find the perfect recipe now .
About The Baking Boutique Cake Pop Set:
This two-piece set includes 72 re-useable sticks and a silicone cake pop mould.
Fun for all the family, this cake pop set is a great way to use up leftover cake and create delicious treats for everyone.
Use up leftover cake or cake crumbs.
Sticks cannot be used in the oven but the silicone can.
Bake the cake mix in the silicone moulds, wait till cool, add the sticks and decorate.
Dimensions of tray (l x w x h): 28.5cm x 26.5cm x 5cm (12.25″ x 10.4″ x 2″).
Hand wash only.
Precautionary information: Do not place the silicone cake pop mould under or over a direct heat source – on a hot hob or under a grill.
All measurements are approximate.
£15.75 clearance price £7.92
About This Review-
I was sent this cake pop maker to review, I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own honest opinion.
A Few More Baking Ideas:
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style
- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter To Try Out
- Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking How To Make
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf