Ultimate Christmas Tree Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard.
Happy Friday. Hope you are having a lovely week so far? Except for the cold!!
Pinch Punch it’s the 1st of the month.
The Christmas Day countdown is officially on! 24 more sleeps. Eek, I love Christmas.
I am so looking forward to this weekend. I have had such a hectic week, I am looking forward to putting my feet up, and letting the kids spoil me. (I live in hope.) Although with another inset day and a Christmas tree to put up there might not be much rest!!
I love eating lots of yummy foods from the 1st December until the 1st January however I really do not want to gain any more weight this year.! So I am doing more preparation food-wise this month.
With just over 3 weeks until Christmas Day, it has me planning Christmas Dinner and all our party foods.
A few months ago I teamed up with Prosciutto di Parma to share some of my favourite recipes of the season.
In summer I shared my favourite quiche recipe using Prosciutto di Parma: Prosciutto di Parma And Asparagus Quiche.
In Autumn I share mine and the children’s specials: 4 Quick & Easy Prosciutto di Parma Ham Naan Bread Pizzas.
In Winter and the run-up to Christmas, it is all about the party food and nibbles here.
We all love making and eating party food. It is something that the kids love getting involved in too.
With friends and family popping over it is always nice to rustle up some party food snacks to serve. It is nice to treat everyone!!
Saturday nights in the run-up to Christmas for me is all about a nice and tasty cheeseboard with a glass of wine.
Always with some meat, fruit and vegetables. Plus different dips each time. Variety is the spice of life, as they say!
Earlier this week I made a Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard up for a mid-week treat with all of my favourite things on it.
Prosciutto di Parma, Cheese, cheese, cherry tomatoes, fruit and nuts.
This would be perfect for a Saturday night treat, as a starter, Christmas party buffet or just a snack for when friends or family stop by. Your choice!!
Have you ever tried sea salted & black pepper crackers with cream cheese and Prosciutto di Parma? It tastes delicious. If not, you really should. So moreish.
Ultimate Christmas Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard:
Serve as a starter, buffet or snack.
Serves 4 as a starter.
You Will Need:
- 78g Prosciutto di Parma
- 200g Mild cheddar cheese
- 200g Red Leicester cheese
- 250g Mixed nuts and raisins
- 500g Seedless grape selection
- 330g Cherry tomatoes
- 185g Sea salted & Pepper Crackers
- 100g Soft dried apricots
- Sweet pickles, cream cheese dips of choice
- Wine (optional)
If we have friends round or the kids are home from Uni, we like to decorate the table. A nice bit of tinsel at this time of year works a treat. 😊 Let me know your favourite table settings and most of all your favourite party foods.
This Ultimate Christmas Tree Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard is so quick and easy to make. Also, looks great on the Christmas table and makes an eye-catching centrepiece.
How To Make An Ultimate Christmas Tree Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard:
- First up find a nice big plate or if you have not got a big plate cover a tray with tin foil.
- Wash the white and red grapes and cherry tomatoes and set aside to dry.
- Find a star-shaped or any Christmas type plastic cookie cutter and pop it onto the top of your plate to make the top of the tree stand out. Fill the cookie cutter with sweet pickle or your favourite dips.
- Get all of your ingredients lined up in bowls. Slice the mild cheddar cheese and red Leicester cheese into sticks, then chop into chunks, get your cherry tomatoes and grapes ready, open your fruit nuts and nuts and grab the apricots. Open your Prosciutto di Parma and start layering up your Christmas tree.
- I started my layers with some red grapes first, layering down between the fruit, cheese, tomatoes and apricots leaving the bigs part of the tree Prosciutto di Parma.
- Pop the Prosciutto di Parma on the bottom of the tree scrunching the ham up a little to give the tree more of an effect.
- Pick out some pecan nuts or Brazil nuts for the root of the tree.
- Fill some little bowls with any food left and add Sea salted & Pepper Crackers, dips and cream cheese.
Enjoy! It tastes amazing. Also, plenty of healthy ingredients. As long as you do not add too many dips… Oopps…
What do you think of my Ultimate Christmas Tree Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard?
Do you fancy making one for your Christmas parties?
You can also make smaller ones or an even bigger one if you have lots of visitors over.
A simple delicious must-have Christmas recipe created for Prosciutto di Parma by little old me!!
About Parma Ham:
Parma Ham is a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) product and is 100% natural. The drying process that Parma Ham goes through creates a ham that is very low in fat content, with many mineral salts, vitamins, antioxidants and easily digestible proteins. This means that Parma Ham is truly a food for everyone.
Ultimate Christmas Tree Prosciutto di Parma Cheeseboard.
About this post:
This post is commissioned for Prosciutto di Parma but as always, all thoughts are my own.
You Might Also Like:
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me