Very Berry Tiramisu. Hello friends. I love Tiramisu!! Do you?
Fancy trying this one with a berry twist? Very Berry Tiramisu.
How To Make Very Berry Tiramisu:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 250 g (9 oz) full fat mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) Riesling white wine
- 400 g (14 oz) strawberries
- 150 g (5 oz) raspberries
- 18 sponge finger biscuits
- 25 g (1 oz) milk or dark chocolate, finely diced
Very Berry Tiramisu Method:
- Add the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar to a bowl and beat lightly with a whisk to soften.
- Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth then mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the wine into a shallow dish.
- Reserve 6 strawberries still with their hulls on and a few raspberries for decoration.
- Roughly chop or mash the remaining strawberries and crumble the raspberries then mix together.
- Spoon a thin layer of the mascarpone mixture in the base of a 1 litre (1 ¾ pint) glass dish.
- Cover with half the crushed berries.
- Dip half the sponge finger biscuits, one a time into the wine then arrange on top of the fruit in the dish.
- Spoon over half the remaining mascarpone mixture then the remaining crushed berries.
- Cover with the remaining sponge finger biscuits dipped in the wine as above then spread with the remaining mascarpone.
- Chill for 2 hours or until needed.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the tiramisu with the reserved strawberries, cut in half, the remaining raspberries and diced chocolate.
Very Berry Tiramisu Recipe and photo credits- Seasonal Berries.
What do you think of this Very Berry Tiramisu recipe? Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
Love Tiramisu? How about making a Skinny Tiramisu? Yum, yum. This has to be one of my favourite special treats ever.
Today I am Introducing Canderel Sugarly Festive Skinny Tiramisu.
Iced Chocolate Tiramisu:
Iced Chocolate Tiramisu anyone?
This tiramisu uses the classic Italian Lady, or sponge fingers (sometimes labelled tiramisu fingers) available from good delis.
They are soaked in a coffee and liqueur syrup and then layered with a rich mascarpone mousse.
There’s no churning or ice-cream making so the whole recipe is delicious yet incredibly easy.
Milk Chocolate Tiramisu Dinner Party Treat:
Individual ones, perfect for a party.