Welsh Lamb Loin Chops Stuffed With Stilton Served With Chunky Veg Wedges. Fancy trying this Welsh Lamb loin chops stuffed with Stilton served with chunky veg wedges recipe out?
How To Make Welsh Lamb Loin Chops Stuffed With Stilton Served With Chunky Veg Wedges:
- 4-6 lean Welsh Lamb loin chops
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese or other similar blue cheese, cut into 6 thick slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs or cocktail sticks
- Chunky Roast Veg: Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, beetroot, carrots – use a selection of your favourite vegetables, cut into chunky wedges
How To Make:
- Preheat oven to Gas 6, 200ºC, 400ºF.
- Place the vegetables on a large baking tray, spread out into a single layer and drizzle with olive oil and a little salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes until tender and golden. Tempting to eat them there and then but resist!
- Place the chops on a board, and using a sharp knife carefully make a slit in the fat side of each chop to create a shallow pocket.
- Take a slice of cheese and push into the pocket. Use the rosemary sprigs or cocktail sticks to secure the cheese in place. Rub the outside of each chop with a little olive oil and season.
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes each side until cooked through and browned. Some melted cheese will probably escape into the grill pan, scoop it up and spoon onto the cooked chops. Or if no-one is looking spoon it into your mouth!
Serve with the chunky wedges.
Guest post credits:
Eat Welsh Lamb And Welsh Beef. No payment was received.
What do you think of this Welsh Lamb Loin Chops Stuffed With Stilton Served With Chunky Veg Wedges recipe?
Fancy trying it?
As always, join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comment box below.