How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes.
Love Carrots? Love Pancakes?
Carrot Cake Pancakes anyone? Yummy!
Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in mini pancakes!
What’s not to love about these?
How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes:
Serves 4 (approx. 2 pancakes each)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You Will Need:
100g wholemeal self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
¼tsp ground mixed spice
20g light muscovado sugar
1 large egg
4tbsp low fat plain yogurt
150g British organic carrots, peeled and grated
50g raisins or sultanas
3-4tsp vegetable oil
Clear honey or golden syrup, to serve (optional)
How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes Method:
1. Put the flour, salt, mixed spice, sugar, egg, yogurt and milk into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk or
fork to mix everything together thoroughly.
2. Stir in the grated organic carrot and raisins or sultanas.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2-3 drops of oil. Cook tablespoons of the batter in batches, turning them over after 1-2 minutes to cook the other sides. Make about 8 small pancakes altogether, adding a few more drops of oil to the frying pan with each batch.
4. Serve the warm pancakes with a drizzle of honey or golden syrup, if you like.
Cook’s tip: You could use white self-raising flour, though wholemeal provides more fibre.
What do you think of this How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes post?
Do you fancy making some?
Recipe and image courtesy of British Organic Carrots.
The British Organic Carrot season runs from October to May.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Flamed Strawberry and Chocolate Crepes Recipe
- Pancakes With Fruit Coulis And Kelly’s Of Cornwall
- Lisa Faulkner’s Chilean Blueberry Pancakes
- Chocolate Berry Pancakes With Minted Yogurt Recipe
- Happy Pancake Day: Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop….
- Happy Pancake Day…
- Pistachio, Oat And Cranberry Breakfast Pancakes
- Jennifer Irvine’s California Prune And Orange Pancakes
- Fruity Pancakes Made With A Yummy Yogurt Batter
- 4 Mouth Watering Pancake Recipes To Eat Right Now
- Breakfast Pancakes with Crispy Bacon (How To Make)
- Carrot Cake Pancakes: Quick To Make And A Treat To Eat
- Pancake Roses: Creative Roses Bouquet You Can Eat
- Golden Syrup Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes With Salted Caramel Popcorn Sauce
Join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.
Try now or pin for later.
Thanks for stopping by. See you again soon.