This recipe courtesy of We Love Maple.
Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches. Hello friends. So how are you today? Happy Thursday. Nearly December!!
Around this time of year like me, you might be looking for some new and tasty recipes to cook up something fun with Turkey!?
Today I am sharing a tasty recipe from We Love Maple.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches Ingredients.
- Secondly, Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches:
Servings: 20 portions
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1.5kg (3.5lb) turkey (legs or breasts, with bones and skin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- 250ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 125 ml tomato paste
- 125ml cider vinegar
- One 341ml bottle of dark ale
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground ginger
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 20 bread rolls
Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large oven-proof casserole dish, heat the olive oil over medium heat and brown the turkey pieces for about 3 minutes per side. Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except the bread), then add to the casserole dish. Cover and bring to the boil, then bake for 3 hours.
- Leave to cool before removing the turkey pieces from the dish. Remove the skin, de-bone then shred the meat with a fork. Set the shredded turkey aside.
- Remove the fat from the meat juices using a spoon, then return the pulled turkey to the casserole dish. Mix together well and reheat for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Fill the bread rolls with meat and place on a baking sheet, then cover with aluminium foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches. These look great for a warm Christmas tea or Boxing day lunch. Sweet party food ideas, methinks!!
About this post: This recipe courtesy of We Love Maple. So what do you think of these Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches? Do you also fancy trying one or two?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Christmas Dinner Sides With Maple Syrup. Today I am sharing some side dishes that you can add to your Christmas dinner or any Sunday roast. Yummy!! Christmas Dinner Sides With Maple Syrup.
Secondly, Christmas Maple Pudding, Maple Butterscotch Sauce. Fancy making this Christmas Maple Pudding, Maple Butterscotch Sauce? Christmas Maple Pudding, Maple Butterscotch Sauce.
Thirdly, Jerusalem Artichoke, Kale, Black Pudding, Sauté Potatoes, Shredded Maple Glazed Turkey. A perfect recipe to share over Christmas. Jerusalem Artichoke, Kale, Black Pudding, Sauté Potatoes, Shredded Maple Glazed Turkey.
Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust:
Fourthly, Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust. So today, to celebrate eggnog day, I have a beautiful looking and very tasty recipe to share with you. Do You Fancy Making A Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, With A Ginger And Maple Crust? Because I know I do. Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust.
Last But Not Least, Maple, Blueberry And Almond Butter Smoothie. I love blueberries in a smoothie or juice drink and today I am sharing a Maple, Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie. This is an healthy and easy to make smoothie. What’s not to love about it? Maple, Blueberry And Almond Butter Smoothie.
Thanks you so much for stopping by. I also hope you can stop by again soon.