Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches.
Happy Thursday. Nearly December!!
Around this time of year like me, you might be looking for some new and tasty recipes to cook up something fun with Turkey!?
Today I am sharing a tasty recipe from We Love Maple.
How To Make Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches:
Servings: 20 portions
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1.5kg (3.5lb) turkey (legs or breasts, with bones and skin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- 250ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 125 ml tomato paste
- 125ml cider vinegar
- One 341ml bottle of dark ale
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground ginger
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 20 bread rolls
Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches Method:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large oven-proof casserole dish, heat the olive oil over medium heat and brown the turkey pieces for about 3 minutes per side. Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except the bread), then add to the casserole dish. Cover and bring to the boil, then bake for 3 hours.
- Leave to cool before removing the turkey pieces from the dish. Remove the skin, de-bone then shred the meat with a fork. Set the shredded turkey aside.
- Remove the fat from the meat juices using a spoon, then return the pulled turkey to the casserole dish. Mix together well and reheat for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Fill the bread rolls with meat and place on a baking sheet, then cover with aluminium foil and bake for 15 minutes.
These look great for a warm Christmas tea or Boxing day lunch.
Sweet party food ideas, methinks!!
About this post: This recipe courtesy of We Love Maple
What do you think of these Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches?
Fancy trying one or two?
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Chilean Wisdom And Blue Rose Cocktails
- World Cocktail Day
- Wine Advent Calendar Review: Christmas 2018
- White Chocolate Caramel Snowmen And Trees
- White Chocolate And BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles
- Whisky Sour Marmalade: Grown Up Marmalade
- Whisky And Walnut Cakes: Great For Fathers Day
- What If Christmas..Perhaps.. …Means A Little Bit More!”
- Welsh Lamb Nachos: Christmas Party Food
- Welsh Beef Christmas Chunky Cottage Pie…