Peach And Passion Fruit Cake..
Serves : 10-12 slices
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 300g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 300ml sunflower oil
- 200g banana, mashed
- 227g peach slices, tinned and roughly chopped Syrup
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 3tbsp Rachel’s fat free peach and passion fruit yogurt
- 200g cream cheese
- 250g icing sugar
- 100g Rachel’s fat free peach and passion fruit yogurt
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 passion fruits
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Line and grease 3 20cm cake tins.
- Place the sugar, eggs, oil, banana and peaches in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer.
- Add the cinnamon, flour, bicarbonate of soda slowly and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the walnuts followed by the yogurt.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared tins and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until springy to touch.
- Or use a skewer, if it comes out clean then the cakes are done.
- Turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the icing.
- Soften the cream cheese by placing it in a bowl and beat until smooth, ideally with an electric mixer then add the icing sugar and beat again.
- When the mixture is completely smooth, add the yogurt.
- When the cakes are cold spread half of the icing onto two of the cakes to make the bottom layers and finally sandwich the third cake on top.
- Chill the cakes and continue to make the syrup.
- Cut each passion fruit in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds.
- Make sure you catch all the juice. In a small saucepan heat the passion fruit pulp with the sugar and allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil.
- Allow to cool slightly, the syrup should thicken as it cools.
- Take the cake from the refrigerator and pour over the syrup allowing it to drizzle down the sides of the cake.
- The cakes will keep undecorated if made in advance but are best kept chilled.
- PER SERVING: 727kcal, Protein 7.3g, Carbs 82.8g, Fat 40.2g, Sat Fat 8.9g, Fibre 2.2g, Sugar 65.0g, Salt 0.2g
- COST PER SERVING: £0.47
About this post -Recipe and photo credit by Rachel’s