Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
Poison Meringue Mushrooms: Halloween Trick Or Treats. Hello friends. Are you looking for any Halloween treat recipe ideas? Something unlike what you have ever seen before?
Poison meringue mushrooms anyone? These fun Halloween ideas are great for when the little ghosts and ghouls are around. Indeed, very scary too. Not only scary but tasty too.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Poison Meringue Mushrooms Ingredients.
- Secondly, Poison Meringue Mushrooms Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Poison Meringue Mushrooms: Halloween Trick Or Treats:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Free Range Egg whites (roughly 125g)
- 250g caster sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp liquid red food colouring (not gel)
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp cocoa, plus extra for dusting
Poison Meringue Mushrooms: Halloween Trick Or Treats Method:
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 110°C, gas mark ¼ and line 2 solid baking sheets with baking parchment. Fit a large piping bag with a 1.5cm plain nozzle.
- Place the egg whites into a medium heatproof glass or ceramic bowl, add the sugar, cream of tartar and a pinch of salt. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water, not touching the surface. Whisk for at least 5 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved, the mixture is white and warm to the touch. Remove from the heat and continue whisking for 3 minutes or until thick, glossy and white and will stand in stiff peaks.
- Spoon just over half the meringue into the piping bag and pipe about 25-30 domes in assorted sizes onto the parchment, to make the mushroom caps. Flatten the pointed peaks with a wet fingertip. Dip a clean dry pastry brush into the red food colouring and use a finger to flick it over half of the mushrooms.
- Scoop the remaining meringue into the piping bag and on another baking sheet pipe 25-30 upright cone shapes in assorted sizes – these will be the stalks of the mushrooms.
Time To Bake:
- Bake the caps and stalks for 1 hour, swapping the trays around halfway through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave.
- Stir until smooth and remove from the heat. Using a wooden skewer, make a 3mm hole in the middle of the underside of each mushroom cap. Dip the flat underside of each one in melted chocolate and place back on the parchment.
- Place 1 mushroom cap on top of each stalk – you may need to carefully knock the spikey top off the stalks first – positioning the top of the stalk into the hole in the underside of the caps.
- Dust the top of the plain mushrooms lightly with cocoa. Sprinkle a tray or serving platter with more cocoa and arrange the mushrooms on top to serve.
Poison Meringue Mushrooms:
So what do you think of these Poison Meringue Mushrooms: Halloween Trick Or Treats? Do you fancy making some? Especially great to make for the little ones. Of course, the grown up’s will love them too. Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
You Might Also Like:
How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween. Firstly, are you looking for Halloween recipes ideas? How about making some Green Thing Cupcakes? How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween.
25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween. Secondly, Boo, did I scare you? No!? Ha! Maybe these recipes will? On the scariest night of the year, why not whip up a fun Halloween menu up? So are you looking for some disgusting looking food that tastes amazing? Or simply some fun Halloween party food? So we might just have the perfect recipe here today: Just one question, sweet or savoury Halloween food? 25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween.
40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out. Thirdly, so are you also thinking about baking some Halloween cakes with the children this year? Because Halloween baking can be such fun! Especially if you have little ones around to help you. Easy Halloween food ideas. What is not to like? 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out.
Homemade Halloween Biscuits: Spooky Fun:
Homemade Halloween Biscuits: Spooky Fun. Last but not least, do you fancy making some biscuits this Halloween? So how about making some of this Homemade Halloween Biscuits? Homemade Halloween Biscuits.
Furthermore you can hit the tags to find more fun recipes. Finally, I hope you like this post? If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below. Check out my pins for so much more Halloween inspiration: Halloween Pins.
Finally, I hope you like this post? If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below. Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.