Turkey And Stuffing Pie: Leftover Christmas Turkey.
Why not have a go at making this Turkey And Stuffing Pie with any leftover Christmas turkey this year?
How To Make A Turkey And Stuffing Pie:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes, or less if you use readymade pastry.
Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes
For The Filling:
295g can condensed mushroom soup
198g can sweetcorn, drained
400 – 500g cooked turkey meat, cut into bite-size chunks
100g stuffing, cut into bite size pieces
4 Tbsp crème fraîche or milk
For The Pastry:
500g shortcrust pastry (ready prepared)
1 Tbsp milk or beaten egg for glazing
Turkey And Stuffing Pie Method:
1.) Preheat your oven to fan 170°C, conventional 190°C, gas 5.
2.) Empty the soup into a bowl and stir in the crème fraîche or milk.
3.) Add the turkey, stuffing, sweetcorn and seasoning to the bowl.
4.) Grease a 20cm ovenproof pie dish, then take two-thirds of the pastry roll it out on a floured surface and lay it onto the dish.
5.) Trim off the excess pastry.
6.) Place the prepared filling into the pastry-lined dish.
7.) Dampen the edge of the pastry rim with water, roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie.
8.) Seal the edges well and trim neatly.
9.) Make a small hole in the centre of the pie to allow steam to escape, then brush the surface with milk or beaten egg.
10.) Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the pastry is golden.
Hints and Tips:
If you haven’t enough turkey to fill the pie dish try adding canned ham or additional vegetables – leeks and broccoli also work well.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Sat Fat: 17.4g
Recipe and photo credit by – Canned Food UK
You Might Also Like:
- I First Started Running In 2004: How I Got Into Running
- Six Items Or Less: Month Long Clothing Challenge
- The Gallery Trees Is This Weeks Photo Challenge
- My Family: Getting To Know Us Out And About In London
- London Taxi’s: How Cool Are These Taxi’s?
- Ice-Cream: I scream for Ice Cream!!
- Red Noses For Red Nose Day 2011 So Much Fun
- Have Picked My Six? Six Items Or Less Challenge
- The Gallery: Week 51: Photo Challenge, Education
- Lemon Drizzle Cake: Our Favourite Cake Recipe
- Tomorrows Athletes? Getting Kids Into Running
- At The Park: All Good Fun: Silent Sunday Photo
- New Training: Week 1: Fit To Fitter
- Week 52 Of The Gallery: Hair: Photo Challenge
- I Want To Be On The Cover Of A Magazine: But Which 1?