Upcycled Sparkly Peg Bag: Recycling And Reusing. I love up-cycling and creating something new that has a purpose. I up-cycled this new peg bag a while ago (upcycled new peg bag).
I created it a few years ago and It lasted a few year but towards the ends of last summer, it went a bit green with forgetting to bring it inside after using the pegs.
I brought a new plastic one from the shops and it lasted 2 week!! Grr…
The hook broke off it straight away. It only cost a few pounds, so you can hardly take it back to the shops for your money back; can you!?
Upcycled Sparkly Peg Bag: Recycling And Reusing:
Now it is time to up-cycle another one that will hopefully last as long as my pink one did. Or lot longer than the plastic one did!
I picked this sparkly top up from a charity shop a few years ago in the summer for about 50p.
When I got around to wearing it the sequins under the arms were a little sharp.
So it just got stored in my wardrobe until I could find some use for it. How cool is up-cycling and re-purposing things?
Upcycled Sparkly Peg Bag: Recycling And Reusing.
What You Need:
Small coat hanger
Sewing machine or needle and cotton
What I Did:
1.) First up I took the clips off the end of the coat hanger.
2.) Then I got set sewing the bottom of my top.
3.) The sewing machine kept stopping as the sequins kept getting stuck under the foot so I found some nice strong cotton and sewed it by hand.
4.) Next up sew the armholes so not to lose your pegs.
5.) Pop your coat hanger in and you have finished!!
One upcycled peg bag waiting in the washroom for Spring when the clothes can be hung out again. What do you think of my new Upcycled Sparkly Peg Bag? Recycling And Reusing At It’s Best.
No one will have one like this on their wash line, will they?
You Might Like:
IKEA Table Cloth Pattern: Tried And Tested!!
Since shows like The Great British Sewing Bee have been on TV, Ikea has seen sales of fabric and sewing accessories soar.
Sewing and crafts are making a comeback, I am very happy to hear this.
My mum has a sewing shop, so it has always been a big part of my family life.
I have dabbled in sewing over the years, normally asking mum for help when it goes wrong or I get stuck.
Lately, I have been doing a little sewing for myself by up-cycling old clothes to make something unique.
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- 6 Dinner Recipes For Your Tasty Tuesday Meal Plan
- How To Make Gluten And Dairy Free Bread
- 10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out
- How To Bake A Rhubarb, Almond And Vanilla Galette
- How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry And Rhubarb Crumble
- How To Make A British Berry Trifle For Any Occasion
- How To Make The Ultimate Pancakes On Pancake Day
- How to Garnish your Gin And Tonic: Girls Night In
- How To Make Peppermint Vodka: Christmas Parties
- 5 Tips On How To Serve Champagne At Home
- How To Make Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam
- 5 Top Tips On ‘How to Perfect Jersey Royals’
- Sugar-free Date, Almond, Fennel Seed And Banana
- How To Make Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy