Apple & Cinnamon Cake And How To Make One. Hello friends, so how are you today? Are you looking for an easy apple and cinnamon cake recipe? As today I have a step by step guide to share with you.
Spiced apple yogurt cake, delicious served warm with custard or crème fraiche. How yummy?
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Apple & Cinnamon Cake Ingredients.
- Secondly, Apple & Cinnamon Cake Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Apple & Cinnamon Cake And How To Make One:
Makes: 8” cake
Serves: 8-10 slices
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1hr 15 minutes
- 3 apples
- 113g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar (plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling)
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 2tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- 1tsp ground cinnamon (plus 1tsp for sprinkling)
- 125g Rachel’s Limited Edition Apple and Cinnamon Yogurt
Apple & Cinnamon Cake Method:
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 170◦C/350◦F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line an 8 inch round loose bottom or spring-form cake tin.
- Begin by peeling and coring one apple, quarter and chop into rough pieces. Take the other two and leaving the skin on cut into quarters and then into thin slices, taking out the core. Set aside for a moment.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one and then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon, stir well until these are all incorporated. Add the reserved apple pieces and the yogurt and give the mixture a good stir.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top making sure it is level. Arrange the apple slices on top of the cake in a circular pattern .
- Combine 1tbsp of caster sugar and 1tsp of ground cinnamon and sprinkle this over the top of the apple slices.
- Bake for 50 mins/ 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing and transferring to a wire rack.
What kind of apples are best for apple cake? Try some cooking apples but if you can not get them try Granny Smith.
What makes the cake moist and fluffy? Try room temperature butter and do not over whist the cake to trap air.
Apple & Cinnamon Cake And How To Make One. About this post: This recipe was provided by Rachel’s. So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy making one?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, How To Make Apple Pie Jam: A Spoonful Anyone? Apple Pie Jam anyone? This delicious jam is fragrant with the aroma of apple pie spices. You can make it all year round, as it doesn’t rely on seasonal fruit. It tastes fantastic on toast, crumpets, scones and pancakes. Try a spoonful on your porridge too! How To Make Apple Pie Jam.
Secondly, Apple Pie Porridge. Anyone? Fancy trying this one by Edd Kimber? Apple Pie Porridge.
Last but not least, more pie? Spiced Apple and Ginger Pie. It will also depend on how sour your apples are as to how much sweetening they’ll require! Spiced Apple and Ginger Pie.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post?