Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl. Hello friends, so how are you today? Do you also fancy making this Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl?
Step up your culinary experience with the Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl, a tantalising fusion of wholesome ingredients and rich flavours.
This innovative bowl begins with a base of cauliflower rice, a low-carb alternative that offers a light and fluffy texture, serving as the perfect canvas for the culinary symphony that follows.
Incorporating California Walnuts into meals is a simple, tasty and convenient way to add important nutrients to your diet. A 30g portion, approximately 11 walnuts, are high in Omega-3 fatty acids (ALA), important for heart health and may help reduce the risk of heart disease (1). 30g’s also offer 5.2g of protein and 1.8g of fibre (2).
How To Make Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl:
Nestled atop the cauli-rice bed are golden-brown, California Walnut-crusted eggs, providing a delightful contrast of textures—crispy on the outside, creamy within.
The California walnuts add a distinctive nutty crunch, imparting a rich depth to each bite.
Surrounding this protein-packed centerpiece are an array of vibrant, nutrient-dense vegetables, creating a visually appealing and nutritionally balanced Buddha Bowl.
Drizzled with a savoury sauce or dressing of your choice, if you wish. This bowl becomes a harmonious blend of flavoUrs that not only satisfies the palate but also nourishes the body, making it a delightful and health-conscious choice for a satisfying meal.
Serving: 2 people
For The Cauli-rice:
- 1 large cauliflower
- One tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can chick peas, drained
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
For the tomatoes:
- 2 tsp harissa
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- One tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 50g California walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Prepare the cauliflower by removing the outer green leaves and discarding. Break into florets, place in a food processor and whizz in batches until you have a coarse texture.
- Empty the cauli-rice into a mixing bowl, then add the olive oil, cumin, turmeric and seasoning then mix well.
- Mix the harissa with the extra virgin olive oil. Cut the tomatoes in half and toss in the harissa oil, then place into a small roasting dish.
- Next, toast the spices in a dry frying pan until fragrant. Place into a pestle and mortar with the walnuts and grind to medium/fine texture.
- Prepare the kale by removing any woody stems. Massage 2 tsp of olive oil into the leaves, making sure they all get an even coating, then sprinkle with 2 tsp of the walnut spice mixture.
- Tip the cauli-rice out onto two baking trays lined with parchment and roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Roast the tomatoes for 15 minutes.
- Lay the seasoned kale out on a flat tray lined with parchment and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for 5 minutes (or a little longer if you like the yolk to be cooked through).
- Mix the chickpeas into the cauli-rice and spoon into two large bowls, then top with the kale and roasted tomatoes.
- Peel the eggs and roll into the walnut spice mix, then place on top to serve.
- Last but not least, enjoy.
Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl:
Recipe and image courtesy of California Walnuts.
Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl. So what do you think of this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? As always, share your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
Did you also see; firstly, Flowers On A Friday Flowers On A Friday: Weekend Link Up. So pretty.
Secondly, The Groovy Food Company Black Bean And Butternut Squash Tacos. This is a great midweek meal to have up your sleeve. Take everything to the table and let the family dive in and build their own tacos. The Groovy Food Company Black Bean And Butternut Squash Tacos.
Thirdly, Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowl. So do you fancy making up some Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowl’s for breakfast? Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric Smoothie Bowl.
Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook
Polka Dot Lady. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.