Davidstow® 18 Month Extra Mature cheddar, Kale, Red Onion, Pumpkin & Quinoa Winter Salad anyone?
Sometimes it’s hard to find a salad for those colder winter months, but this recipe really hits the spot.
Warming seasonal vegetables combined with a strong cheddar cheese is a match made in heaven, and the sweet dressing is incredibly simple to make but lifts the dish and warms the soul.
How To Make Davidstow® 18 Month Extra Mature cheddar, Kale, Red Onion, Pumpkin & Quinoa Winter Salad:
How To Make:
1. Preheat a deep fat fryer to 150°C.
2. Roasted vegetables: Wrap the red onions, chillis and parsnips all separately in tin foil parcels with a drizzle of olive oil, few sprigs of rosemary and salt.
3. Place these onto a roasting tray and bake until soft. Be careful when unwrapping the tin foil parcels, as you wouldn’t want to burn yourself.
4. Quinoa: Cook the white and black quinoa in separate saucepans of simmering salted water, until just cooked. Drain well and mix with a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Curly kale: Wash the kale very well and drain. Then fry 1/3 of the kale in a hot frying pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil until crispy. Drain well on kitchen paper and season with fine salt. Take the other 2/3 of the kale and cook in boiling salted water for 2 minutes until tender. Drain well.
6. Dressing: Mix the honey and tarragon vinegar together in a bowl and slowly whisk in the virgin olive oil.
7. Now mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and black pepper. This is best served warm.
Recipe c/o Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®
Fancy making this Davidstow® 18 Month Extra Mature cheddar, Kale, Red Onion, Pumpkin & Quinoa Winter Salad?
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.