300g prepared pumpkin or butternut squash, chopped
100ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
1 tsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
100g finely grated Cheddar cheese
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
100g mozzarella cheese
How To Make This Recipe:
1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/ Gas Mark 5. Put 10 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
2. Cook the pumpkin or butternut squash in lightly salted boiling water until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain thoroughly and puree with a stick blender, or mash until smooth. Cool.
3. In a jug, beat together the oil, egg, milk, golden syrup and black treacle. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and stir in the dried herbs and Cheddar cheese.
4. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and add the cooled pumpkin. Stir until just combined – do not beat or stir too much!
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
6. Cut a small slit in the cherry tomato halves and push in a tiny slice of mozzarella. Place on top of the muffins to look like ‘eyes’. Cut ‘fangs’ from the rest of the mozzarella and arrange on the muffins. Serve whilst warm.
Cook’s Tip: Use 2 tsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup or Black Treacle instead of 1 tsp of each, if you prefer.
How To Make Vampire’s Pumpkin Muffins. Recipe courtesy of these recipes were created by Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more Spooktacular ideas visit Lyles Golden Syrup.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.