Recipe courtesy of Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
How To Make Vampire’s Pumpkin Muffins.
Happy Wednesday. Today I have a fun Halloween recipe to share with you:
Vampire’s Pumpkin Muffins. How spooktacular?
These yummy savoury muffins are the perfect bite for Halloween!
How To Make Vampire’s Pumpkin Muffins:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
300g prepared pumpkin or butternut squash, chopped
100ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
1 tsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
100g finely grated Cheddar cheese
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
100g mozzarella cheese
How To Make This Recipe:
1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/ Gas Mark 5. Put 10 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
2. Cook the pumpkin or butternut squash in lightly salted boiling water until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain thoroughly and puree with a stick blender, or mash until smooth. Cool.
3. In a jug, beat together the oil, egg, milk, golden syrup and black treacle. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and stir in the dried herbs and Cheddar cheese.
4. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and add the cooled pumpkin. Stir until just combined – do not beat or stir too much!
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
6. Cut a small slit in the cherry tomato halves and push in a tiny slice of mozzarella. Place on top of the muffins to look like ‘eyes’. Cut ‘fangs’ from the rest of the mozzarella and arrange on the muffins. Serve whilst warm.
Cook’s Tip: Use 2 tsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup or Black Treacle instead of 1 tsp of each, if you prefer.
How To Make Vampire’s Pumpkin Muffins. Recipe courtesy of these recipes were created by Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more Spooktacular ideas visit Lyles Golden Syrup.
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- 9 Creepy And Scary Halloween Themed Recipes
- Step By Step Guide To 9 Freaky Halloween Eats
- 7 Monster Inspired Themed Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 4 Spooky Adult Halloween Cocktail Recipes To Try Out
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- Happy Halloween: Wordless Wednesday A Batman
- Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Easy To Make
- How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths: Halloween
- How To Make Halloween Spook-gria: How Spooky?
- How To Make Spiderman Strawberries: How Cool?
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- Nottingham Castle And The Robin Hood Statue
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions