Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad.
Warm Summer Salad anyone?
Are you looking for something different, that is healthy and full of flavour to make for dinner tonight?
Fancy making a Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets with a Tomato Salad and Minted Pea Dressing?
How To Make A Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets with a Tomato Salad and Minted Pea Dressing:
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 500g mini chicken fillets
- 750g mixed Heirloom or Speciality Isle of Wight Tomatoes
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
For The Minted Pea Dressing:
- 175g frozen petit pois peas
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A good pinch of caster sugar
- 2 large shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- The leaves from a 20g packet of mint, chopped
What To Do:
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, crushed cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes together in a shallow dish. Stir in the mini chicken fillets and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- For the salad dressing put the peas into a bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Leave for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside to cool. Whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, and some salt and pepper to taste together in a bowl. Stir in the shallots and set aside with the chicken.
- Five minutes before you are ready to serve, cut the tomatoes into small chunky pieces and put them into a bowl with the spring onions and some sea salt flakes and pepper to taste. Toss together gently then spread over the base of a large serving plate.
- Preheat a ridged griddle of griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Lift the chicken fillets out of the marinade, lay them on the griddle and cook for 2 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Lift the hot chicken fillets onto the tomato salad. Stir the mint and peas into the dressing and spoon it over the chicken and tomatoes. Scatter over the mint leaves and serve.
Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad And Minted Pea Dressing recipe and photos c/o The Tomato Stall.
Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad And Minted Pea Dressing?
Fancy making some?
We would love to hear your thoughts.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Roast Chicken And Wild Mushroom Watercress Salad
- Le Rustique Brie de Caractère, Apricot, And Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Lollipop Coconut Chicken Recipe By Selasi Gbormittah
- Chicken, Parsley And Spelt Risotto
- How To Make A Shredded Chicken and Baby Kale Lunch Box
- African Peach And Chicken Tagine Recipe To Try Out
- Yogurt Crusted Indian Spiced Chicken
- Chicken Breast Paillard With Spiced Butter Marinade …
- Chicken Pasta Salad : Creative Monday Blog Hop