Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake. Hello friends, so how are you today? It has been a while since I shared a recipe with you here, so today I have a special celebration cake for you. How pretty?
An Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake. So yummy and tasty.
This centrepiece cake is deliciously rich and indulgent and topped with shards of agave salted peanut brittle for a truly eye-catching finish.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake Ingredients,
- Secondly, Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake Method.
- Thirdly, More Recipe Ideas.
Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake:
Preparation time: 1 hour | Cooking time: 40 minutes
What You Need:
- 250ml agave syrup
- 80ml coconut oil
- 90g salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
For The Cake:
- 115g butter, room temperature
- 150g rice bran syrup
- 115g unrefined brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125ml low-fat Greek yogurt
- 300g self-raising flour
- 80g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
The Peanut Frosting:
- 400g light cream cheese
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 100g unrefined icing sugar
For The Dark Chocolate Icing:
- 70g butter, room temperature
- 60g good quality 85% chocolate, melted
- 200g unrefined icing sugar
- ½ tsp Meridian molasses
- 2 tbsp milk
Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake:
What You Do:
- Firstly, start by making them brittle. Measure the agave syrup and coconut oil into a medium-sized heavy-based saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring continuously until the syrup reaches hard crack temperature (150C/300F). Remove from heat and stir in peanuts then pour onto a silicone or non-stick parchment paper. Put into the freezer for two hours to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan, grease and line two 20cm sandwich tins. In a large bowl beat the butter until pale, soft and creamy. Whisk in the rice bran syrup then the unrefined brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one by one, then the yogurt. If the mixture looks like its curdling at any point, add a few spoons of flour and continue whisking.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa and gently fold in, adding the milk towards the end to make a smooth batter. Once combined, spoon into the sandwich tins, spread to the edges and bake for 25 minutes until they spring back when touched. Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the peanut butter frosting, beat all the ingredients together till smooth. Slice the cooled cakes horizontally in half to make four equal layers. Put the bottom layer on a board or plate, cut side up and spread with a quarter of the frosting. Repeat until you have four layers of cake and three layers of frosting.
- To make the dark chocolate icing, beat all the ingredients together until smooth. Divide the frosting into thirds, mix half of the remaining peanut frosting into one-third of the chocolate frosting.
- To apply the ombre icing spread the top of the cake with one-third of the chocolate icing, spread the next third down the side of the cake just covering the top layer. Use the remaining peanut frosting at the bottom of the cake to cover the sides and fill in the gap in the middle with the mixed frosting. You will now have striped sides to your cake. Use a pallet knife to smooth the sides and blur the colours together to create an ombre effect.
- Last but not least, crack the brittle into big shards and use to decorate the top of the cake.
Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake. Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods. So do you have any celebrations coming up?
Do you also fancy making this Ombre Chocolate Peanut Butter Celebration Cake? Because I know I do!!
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake With Strawberries And Raspberries. This is as a celebration cake for special occasions. The layers of meringue with the fruit in between look very pretty and it’s super easy to make ahead and assemble last minute. So yummy. BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake With Strawberries And Raspberries.
- Secondly, How To Make A Frozen Berry Yogurt Cake. Love Your Gut Week (17th-23rd September), nutritionist and cook Dr Joan Ransley has created four delicious gut healthy recipes so you can re-set your gut health for the rest of the year and beyond. So tasty. How To Make A Frozen Berry Yogurt Cake.
- Thirdly, 9 Rhubarb Recipes To Try Out This Spring. Now Spring has finally arrived and today I am sharing some seasonal recipes. Love rhubarb anyone? ( I know I do. Rhubarb crumble is my favourite because every fruit tastes yummy with crumble on!!). 9 Rhubarb Recipes To Try Out This Spring.
- Last But Not Least, How To Make A Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake. Cake anyone? So talking of cake; Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake anyone? So different. How To Make A Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake. So yummy.
Thank you so much for stop pint by.