Rhubarb Breakfast Bars.
Fancy making some Rhubarb Breakfast Bars? Not just for breakfast, though. Brunch, elevenses, lunch box treat, snacks and evening snack. The bars are full of yummy muesli, rice Krispies and porridge oats so they can help fill you up too. They are also topped with rhubarb yogurt icing.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Rhubarb Breakfast Bars:
- 200g muesli (we like Dorset Cereals Berries & Cherries)
- 50g Rice Krispies
- 100g porridge oats
- 100g Rachel’s unsalted butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 300g Rachel’s Fat Free Rhubarb yogurt
- 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g Icing sugar
Rhubarb Breakfast Bars Method:
- Pre-heat the oven 178°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare and grease a square cake tin 20 x 30cm (8” x 12”). 2. Weigh in to a large bowl the muesli, rice krispies and oats.
- Combine 200g of the yogurt with the flour and egg in a small bowl, whisk well so there are no lumps.
- Melt the butter with the syrup in a small pan, stir. Add the melted butter and syrup to the cereals, mix well.
- Pour half the cereal mixture into the tin about 2cm thick and press down well. Pour over the yogurt and egg and spread over evenly. Finish by topping it with the rest of the cereal mixture. Press down once more.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges but still slightly soft.
- Allow to cool in the tin then remove and cut into bars.
- To decorate take the remaining 100g yogurt and mix with the icing sugar until a smooth paste is formed.
- Drizzle the icing over the bars and leave to set.
Recipe c/o Rachel’s
Do you fancy trying some of these rhubarb breakfast bars?
Let me know if you get to make some.
Why not check out my breakfast recipes for some more healthy and yummy ideas.
See you on Monday for our latest blog hop.