Spice Island Rum Punch.
Today I have a tasty cocktail recipe to share with you. Perfect for a weekend treat?
Whisk yourself away to a Caribbean island with a taste of this fabulous cocktail: Spice Island Rum Punch.
This easy to make cocktail recipe is a mixture of these ingredients: ginger ale, lime juice, root ginger, nutmeg, sugar, dark rum ice cubes topped with lime wedges. Yummy!!
How To Make A Spice Island Rum Punch:
Preparation: 5 minutes
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
- Pinch of freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- Ice cubes
- 100ml dark rum
- 200ml ginger ale
How To Make:
1. Take two tumbler-style glasses and put 3 lime wedges into each one. Add 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp grated ginger and 1 tbsp Tate & Lyle Demerara sugar to each glass with a pinch of nutmeg, then use a small wooden spoon to ‘muddle’ the ingredients together (this just means bashing and crushing the ingredients together).
2. Make sure that the sugar has dissolved, then half fill the glasses with ice cubes. Pour the dark rum into the glasses.
3. Top up with ginger ale and serve immediately, decorated with the remaining lime wedges.
If your wooden spoon doesn’t fit into the glass, just use the handle, or you could use the end of a wooden rolling pin for ‘muddling’.
How quick and easy is this cocktail to make?
Spice Island Rum Punch Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think?
Fancy making up some of these Spice Island Rum Punch cocktails?
Spice Island Rum Punch: A perfect cocktail for a weekend treat or dinner party.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
You may also like to try out some of these other cocktail recipes from the blog:
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me