Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes: Not Just For Sunday.
Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes anyone?
How To Make:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1.5kg strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into quarters
150g icing sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
300g shortbread biscuits, broken into rough chunks
1-litre vanilla ice cream
500ml strawberry ice cream
How To Make Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes:
1.) Set aside one-third of the strawberries. Heat the remaining strawberries in a large saucepan with the icing sugar and lemon juice. Simmer gently for 20 minutes until the fruit has softened. Blend to a purée and set aside.
2.) Layer 1 tbsp of the broken shortbread, then 1 tbsp of the fresh strawberries into the bottoms of 8 sundae glasses. Next, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream, followed by one scoop of strawberry ice cream. Repeat the layers of biscuits and fruit, finishing with an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream.
3.) To serve, divide the strawberry purée between the sundaes and top with a scattering of shortbread crumbs.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Strawberry And Elderflower Jelly:
Fancy trying this Strawberry and Elderflower jelly?
Perfect for a nice summers afternoon treat on the garden.
Strawberry Cheesecake Nachos:
Fancy a sweet twist on the savoury nachos?
If so, keep on reading! As I have a delicious recipe to share with you today.
How yummy do these Strawberry Cheesecake Nachos look!?
Strawberry Eton Mess:
Do you fancy something sweet for the weekend?
What about creamy and fruity with a sweet crunch?
How about making a yummy Strawberry Eton Mess?
This Eaton Mess has a little twist from the traditional recipes has it has low-fat raspberry yogurt inside it too.
Delicious!! So so yummy!
Raspberry Crunch Sundae:
A Yummy Breakfast Or Afternoon Treat
Raspberry Crunch Sundae A Yummy Breakfast Or Afternoon Treat.
Fancy making a yummy Raspberry Crunch Sundae?
South African Nectarine Sundae:
South African Nectarine Sundae.
A nice and tasty fruity treat, perfect for after a big dinner, light lunch or snack at any time of the day for a little treat.
- Watercress Sorbet: Give Yourself a Peppery Health
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- Super Fruity Milkshake Lollies Too Keep You Cool
- The Kelly’s Christmas Ice Cream Trifle
- 7 Summer Recipes: Alfresco Dining With Pyrex
- Frozen Losalted Caramel Yogurt: How Yummy!?
- How To Make Ginger Ice Cream: Afternoon Tea Recipe
- Coconut, Blueberry And Pistachio Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes: Not Just For Sunday
- Mango And Pineapple Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- Olive And Fig Ice Cream To Keep You Super Cool
- Christmas Pudding Sundae: Great For Leftover Pudding
- Christmas Pudding Ice Cream With Warm Date
- Frozen Berry Slice: Easy Dessert Ideas