Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts. Hello friends, are you looking for something fun to make today?
Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts anyone?
I can just imagine them cooking now, what an amazing smell.
A great little snacking recipe for any time of the day.
How To Make Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts:
Cooking time 10-12 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
You Will Need:
- 40g (1½oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 medium egg white
- 75g (3oz) pecans
- 75g (3oz) whole blanched almonds
- 75g (3oz) macadamias
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 level tsp ground cumin
- 2 level tsp sweet smoked ground paprika
- 2 level tsp chilli flakes
You will also need a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts Method:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Fan150°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly whisk the egg white with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add the pecans, almonds and macadamia nuts and toss to coat.
- Combine the Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Granulated Cane Sugar, salt and all the spices in another bowl, then add the nuts and toss so they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Spread the nuts out on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove and leave to cool before serving in bowls.
Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts. Recipe and photo credits- Tate & Lyle.
What do you think of this Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts recipe?
Do you fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
Have you ever walked through London and smelt one of those stalls that cook warmed glazed nuts?
I love the little stalls selling warm nuts cooking in a sugar sauce.
They smell absolutely amazing. I want to bottle the smell and take it home with me!
Talking of warm nuts, today I have another glazed nut recipe for you: