For all the cheesecake lovers out there, have you ever tried a sultana and ginger one?
Today’s guest post is a sultana and ginger cheesecake for a nice Autumn twist.
- 175g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 75g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 350g Cottage Cheese
- 2 Medium Eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml Soured Cream
- 75g Whitworths Sultanas
- 30g Whitworths Crystallised Ginger
- Preheat oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C), Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the crushed biscuits and half the sugar with the melted butter and press onto the sides of an 18cm cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool in the tin.
- Beat the cottage cheese until softened, then add the eggs, soured cream and the remaining sugar and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the sultanas and ginger and pour over the biscuit base.
- Return to the oven to bake for a further 30-35 minutes, allow to cool completely before removing from the tin to slice and serve with single cream.
Recipe and photo credit by- Whitworths