Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf. Hello friends. I hope you are having a lovely Christmas? So today I am sharing a recipe to save for after Christmas.
Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf.
A great recipe to use up that left over Turkey.
How To Make A Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf:
More Turkey Curry? If the answer is ‘No’ then this Christmas sandwich loaf is a much more interesting way of using up leftover turkey.
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus standing time
Cooking time: 0
1 circular loaf
3 tbsp cranberry sauce
6-8 long Cos Leaves
150g mozzarella, sliced
jar roasted vegetables (Peppers, aubergines, courgettes etc)
leftover turkey breast torn into pieces
What To Do:
Firstly, cut the top off the loaf approx ¼ the way down and pull the soft bread out of the centre to make a bowl shape of the crust with a 2cm layer of bread inside.
Secondly, spread half of the cranberry sauce in a thin layer all over the inside of the bread bowl then layer half of the Cos leaves over the bottom, tearing them to fit. Add a layer of mozzarella then the roast veg then the turkey and top with the rest of the cranberry. Repeat this till the bread bowl is full. End with a layer of Cos leaves.
Last but not least, replace the lid and tightly wrap the whole thing in cling film and balance a can on top to weigh it down. Leave to firm up for 1-4 hrs. Cut into slices to serve.
Note: Also dry the roast veg and mozzarella on kitchen roll to avoid the bread getting too soggy.
Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf:
Updated post. First published here, 21st September 2016*Recipe and recipe photography by Make More Of Salad*
So what do you think of this Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf? Do you fancy making one?
You can also find lots more Christmas inspiration here: Christmas Recipes. Don’t forget to let us know if you get to make this recipe.
I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
- If My Hair Looks Good, I Can Deal With Anything
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing