Recipe courtesy of Watercress.
Watercress And Elderflower Martini To Make Today, invented by Robert Merjavy, Chester, UK. Feast Like a King this Christmas with Watercress. Hello friends, so how are you today? Think of Christmas foods and watercress may not immediately spring to mind.
But this wasn’t always the case – in medieval royal courts, watercress was a key element in a big feast, used like bread to mop up the gravy.
It was also believed to cleanse the palate so had a double purpose at a banquet, with its hot peppery flavour preparing the taste buds for the next rich onslaught.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Watercress And Elderflower Martini Ingredients.
- Secondly, Watercress And Elderflower Martini Method.
- Thirdly, Other Post Ideas.
Watercress And Elderflower Martini:
We may use watercress in a slightly more sophisticated manner these days but nevertheless, it’s still valued for its fresh peppery kick and the subtle seasoning it provides.
Taking a leaf or two from our forebears, we’ve prepared a Christmas feast fit for a king, with rich, indulgent flavours all offset by the clean bite of watercress.
So, go ahead – eat, drink and be merry, after all, one message that has successfully passed down the centuries is: “At Christmas play and make good cheer for Christmas comes but once a year.”*
It’s hot work all that cooking so refresh yourself with this rather tasty tipple – you deserve it!
Keep your eyes peeled as for the next few days I have some lovely recipes to share with you from Watercress.
Watercress And Elderflower Martini– Fancy trying this elderflower cocktail?
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 4 lime wedges
- 10ml Belvoir Organic Elderflower Cordial
- 40ml Tanqueray gin
- 15ml Martini and Rossi Extra Dry Vermouth
- Fresh watercress leaves as garnish
Watercress And Elderflower Martini Method:
- Muddle the watercress and lime with the elderflower cordial to release the flavour and colour of the watercress.
- Add some ice and the remaining ingredients. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass, then garnish with fresh watercress leaves. Serve immediately.
Merry Christmas! And enjoy!
Watercress And Elderflower Martini. So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it?
Watercress And Elderflower Martini Recipe courtesy of: For these and other tempting watercress recipes, visit Watercress.
Recipe photography credits Lara Jane Thorpe. Thomas Tusser English poet 1524-1580.
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, How To Make Peppermint Vodka. This recipe takes two to three weeks to infuse so best be quick if you would like to make some for your New Year parties. How To Make Peppermint Vodka For Your Christmas Parties.
- Secondly, Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn: How about trying this fun Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn recipe? Perfect for making up and sharing. Love popcorn and fancy giving it a Christmas twist? How about adding bacon and maple syrup to it? Maple syrup and bacon popcorn. What a great idea!? Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn.
- Thirdly, Strawberry Robin Lollipops: These Strawberry Robin Lollipops are perfect for serving up in your cocktails. Fancy making some with the children? Strawberry Robin Lollipops.
How To Make Christmas Coconut Ball Robins:
- Fourthly, How To Make Christmas Coconut Ball Robins: Or what about making some of these Christmas Coconut Ball Robins are so much fun for any party. How To Make Christmas Coconut Ball Robins.
See anything you fancy making? Last but not least, why not check out these other Christmas Drink ideas out? So many ideas. Thanks so much for stopping by.